Help booting from USB - getting error "Missing operating system"

• 3 weeks later...

It is a language issue, make_bootable.bat is parsing the output of "vol" and using column six for the label name. The output on your system is "Volymen i enhet E har etiletten UNRAID" The english phrase it is expecting is "Volume in drive E is UNRAID" The word "etiletten" is in the sixth column so there is no match to "UNRAID".

Edit make_bootable.bat by changing set label=%%6 to set label=%%7

PB

It is a language issue, make_bootable.bat is parsing the output of "vol" and using column six for the label name. The output on your system is "Volymen i enhet E har etiletten UNRAID" The english phrase it is expecting is "Volume in drive E is UNRAID" The word "etiletten" is in the sixth column so there is no match to "UNRAID".

Edit make_bootable.bat by changing set label=%%6 to set label=%%7

PB

That does actually make sense, I'll give it a try someday with an other USB stick and let you guy know how it turned out. So far my install from above is running perfect.

• 1 month later...

You can try this, but I've not tested this with unRAID.

Format the flash drive with Disk Utilities: Create a Single partition of type FAT(MSDOS).  Make sure that Master Boot Record is selected in Options. Name it UNRAID.

Unmount the drive. Select the UNRAID partition and click Info. Copy the Disk Identifier, e.g., disk4s1.

Open a terminal.

Enter: "sudo newfs_msdos -F 32 -v UNRAID -c 1 /dev/disk4s1". Make sure to use the correct disk identifier!!!

This will make a FAT32 partition with a smaller cluster size and may enhance compatibility.

Format the flash drive with Disk Utilities: Create a Single partition of type FAT(MSDOS).  Make sure that Master Boot Record is selected in Options. Name it UNRAID.

Unmount the drive. Select the UNRAID partition and click Info. Copy the Disk Identifier, e.g., disk4s1.

Open a terminal.

Enter: "sudo newfs_msdos -F 32 -v UNRAID -c 1 /dev/disk4s1". Make sure to use the correct disk identifier!!!

This will make a FAT32 partition with a smaller cluster size and may enhance compatibility.

Which part of this is unclear?

Open a terminal.

Which part of this is unclear?

it is all clear i guess.

but when i run the line in terminal i just get "resource Busy"