One disk hangs while stopping UnRaid.

Hi!

I've been having this intermittent problem on my new UnRaid setup.

Had a 6 disk test server running successfully for a few months.

When I built my new setup I added three WD disks to the array.

Now one of the "new" disks (disk7 which is empty and not even a part of any shares) sometimes is unable to unmount because busy (doing something?)

I'm using 5b14 at the moment with two windows 7 computers and a Boxeebox connecting to NFS shares on disks 1-5.

And UnMenu on top of that.

At times when I try to stop UnRaid to turn it off UnRaid-main shows the drive7 "resizing" and is unable to unmount.

At that point Web-GUI hangs and I'm not able to do anything from the browser. I can telnet in with no problem though.

So the problem happens right after stop command and it doesn't seem to matter whether the disks are all running or not.

(or whether boxee/desktop/laptop are on or off - sometimes turn the box off from the browser in my phone) (Can't be 100% certain about this yet)

The disk is usually at sleep when I do the shutdown so there shouldn't be anything going on? (even tried spinning all the drives up first)

The drive is a WD 20EADS ripped from an external USB. (Did the wdidle3 -300 a couple of days ago)

Of course the only time this happens is when I'm already late for bed/work/something so I haven't had time to properly get on this problem.  >:(

Got the syslog from one of the hangs and on other occasion telnet printout of shutdown command and fuser too though.

And once tried the inotifywait route too but got nothing indicating any access to disk7

Just wondering does the logs shed any light on the problem and where to go from here?

So...  A Linux Noob waiting for instructions on what to do the NEXT time this happens?  :-[

(It happens in about two times in ten?)

Thanks!

syslog_disk7_hang.zip

fuser_command_disk7_hang.txt

disk7_powerdown_command.txt

Disk7_SMART.txt

It appear as if disk7 is the current-working-directory of a process.

The disk does not have to be spinning, it is just that you apparently started a process when in that directory, or, you yourself have changed directory to a directory on that disk.

You confused yourself by invoking fuser the way you did.

Just type:

fuser -mv /mnt/disk7

Joe L.