Permissions problem (5.0b14), works on and off....

I recently reinstalled my server with 5.0b14. Unfortunately there seems to be an issue with permissions (at least that what I think) since I can access shares for a couple of hours and then suddenly I can't. It makes it even more strange since it actually doesnt affects all files. Right now I can access some files on my TV share but others I can't.

Ive tried to search the forum but havent come across anybody with similar issues, any advice or tips?

/Niklas

I recently reinstalled my server with 5.0b14. Unfortunately there seems to be an issue with permissions (at least that what I think) since I can access shares for a couple of hours and then suddenly I can't. It makes it even more strange since it actually doesnt affects all files. Right now I can access some files on my TV share but others I can't.

Ive tried to search the forum but havent come across anybody with similar issues, any advice or tips?

/Niklas

I've been having issues where files are intermittently inaccessible, which often manifests itself to the OS like a permission problem.  I'm having the issue with AFP/NFS and user shares specifically, but I also haven't used SMB much at all so it's possible that it would also have issues.

Unfortunately I don't have a solution and I'm kind of at a dead end trying to debug it.  Here's a writeup of my issue, not sure if it's the same or related:  http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=21638.0

Tried to upgrade to RC5 and ran the permissions script and rebooted. Things seemed to work at first but this morning my shows that got downloaded during the night didnt work. The files are in my shares ( I can see them if I browse through the unRAID webpage and in to my drives) but I cant access them. Could it have something to do with the drives going to sleep during the night and then somehow it gets messed up when they should wake up again?

You need to set the permissions properly for the NEW files you add directly on the array through programs such as SabNZBD/Transmission/CoughPotatoe. Look into configuring those programs properly to use the right user/group/permissions and you'll be set.

Also, this should be moved to User Customization forum since the issue is not with unRAID but with your configuration of your customized addons.

Unmount all shares you have mounted in windows. Remount them with new credentials (use a new user you create thru the unraid webinterface). Windows will probably not ask you for userid/password because it still remembers "root". You have to force it by checking a box somewhere in the process

When all is done then rerun the permissions script again.

You should be ok now

Tried to upgrade to RC5 and ran the permissions script and rebooted. Things seemed to work at first but this morning my shows that got downloaded during the night didnt work. The files are in my shares ( I can see them if I browse through the unRAID webpage and in to my drives) but I cant access them. Could it have something to do with the drives going to sleep during the night and then somehow it gets messed up when they should wake up again?

I had this issue myself and it ended up being the settings that I had with Sickbeard/Sabnzbd. Are those the programs you are using. For some reason you haven't said what programs you are using to write to the shares.