unRAID manual refers to a Shares page, where is it?

BigErn77

Please note the pasted blurb from the UnRAID manual.  I cannot for the life of me find this 'Shares' page in the unRAID web config.  At least, nothing like what is described.  Where is this Shares page, or where can I configure access to pre-defined disk shares?

<begin blurb>

Shares

The Shares page is used to configure shares and share access.

Export settings

This section lets you configure how the pre-defined flash and disk shares are exported, and whether User shares are enabled or not.

The basic external access mode for a share is defined by it's Export mode:

Export read/write

The share will be exported and visible under My Network Places. If User level security is not enabled, then anyone on the network can read/write data in the share. If User level security is enabled, then anyone who can log into the server can read/write data in the share.

Export read-only

The share will be exported and visible under My Network Places. The share may not be written, but if User level security is not enabled, then anyone on the network can read data in the share. If User level security is enabled, then anyone who can log into the server can read data in the share.

Export read/write, hidden

The share will be exported, but will not show up in browse lists (i.e., under My Network Places). If User level security is not enabled, then anyone on the network who knows about the share can read/write data in the share. If User level security is enabled, then anyone who can log into the server and knows about the share can read/write data in the share.

Export read-only, hidden

The share will be exported, but will not show up in browse lists (i.e., under My Network Places). If User level security is not enabled, then anyone on the network who knows about the share can read data in the share. If User level security is enabled, then anyone who can log into the server and knows about the share can read data in the share.

Don't export

OK, maybe it seems I need to start the array with User Shares enabled in order to see these fields in the Server management utility, per the instructions below.  I can't check at the moment, since I'm in the middle of a huge transfer and can't bring down the array, but I'm going to assume this is the solution to my problem for now.

Enable User Shares

Step 1 On another computer (not your UnRAID system) open a web browser and navigate to the Server Management Utility. Then click on Main and stop the array if it is already started.

Step 2 Click Shares, set User Shares to enabled, then click apply.

Step 3 Click Main, then click Start to start the array.

Step 4 Click Shares to edit the shares properties.

Thanks, but I've been to that page.  What I can't find is the page described here: http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php/UnRAID_Manual#Export_settings .  For instance, where is "Export read only", "Export read/write", etc.?  Maybe this manual is for a previous version of the management utility?

Anyway, my problem ended up not being samba related anyway.  The file system permission were actually set to root:root and r--r----- on all of my files on the share I needed write access to, so a chmod and chown fixed that.