PSU: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650 V2 650W

Case: Antec 1200

HDD: Western Digital 3TB green caviar x3

problem: inet addr isn't listen in the ifconfig eth0

diagnose:

BIOS setup: default

unraid version: unRAID Server version 5.0-rc5 AiO

unraid network config: default

ethernet connected at port that's on the bottom(not the one beside the usb, a post in here mentioned that he have problem with the one on the top)

ipmi address is available from another computer. i can access them and login, and change something in it.

apple extreme base station is set to use DHCP + NAT

i can edit the /boot/config/network.cfg

syslog seems to be accessible at /var/log/syslog

shutdown -r now is operational

this is my first time building unRAID server, any help is appreciated.

I struggled with the same problem a few days ago. According to the manual, for IPMI you should use the ipmi lan port above the usb ports, and use lan1 for internet, or 1 and 2 for link aggregation.

But after a lot of trying i found that you do no not use the "dedicated" ipmi port, but you should use lan1 for IPMI, and use lan2 for your network connection.

If you connect lan1 and lan2 the ipmi will run on port lan1 and unraid will find port lan2 and will give it an ip address.

So in your case, all you need to do is connect another cable to the lan2 port and reboot :)

I struggled with the same problem a few days ago. According to the manual, for IPMI you should use the ipmi lan port above the usb ports, and use lan1 for internet, or 1 and 2 for link aggregation.

But after a lot of trying i found that you do no not use the "dedicated" ipmi port, but you should use lan1 for IPMI, and use lan2 for your network connection.

If you connect lan1 and lan2 the ipmi will run on port lan1 and unraid will find port lan2 and will give it an ip address.

So in your case, all you need to do is connect another cable to the lan2 port and reboot :)

if i can hug you digitally, i will. thanks for saving my sanity :D

solution:

connect LAN1 and LAN2 to your AEBS lan ports(this means, both of them need to be connected)

set the network.cfg to use the DEFAULT settings that came from the .zip

once you do that, inet addr will properly displayed

• 1 year later...