Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 1.5TB Drives

I RMA'd both of my 1.5TB 7200.11 drives and Seagate is sending me Constellation 2.0TB drives.  I'm still not sure what the root cause is of the failures which seem to happen only when installed as part of an unRAID array.  I want to think these are just defective and don't work well in a NAS environment. Seagate does have a new version of the 1.5 drives with the 7200.14 version.  I refused to try the new version politly and now getting the newer Constellation drives.  This will be the 3rd 1.5 TB drive I've had to replace.  I'm curious if this has happend to anyone else out there?

I've also requested supported via the Limetech support link but havent heard anything back. 

S

I've RMA'd about a dozen Seagate 7200.11 1.5TB drives over the last tree years.  They were all purchased over a three month period from four different vendors.  I stopped buying them when I received two DOA.

Ive had problems with these in Windows as well, not just unRAID.

Thanks for the feedback.  I am glad to hear it's not unRAID.  Now I understand why Seagate was quick to send me the newer constellation drives.

Count yourself lucky.  My 1.5T replacement just arrived yesterday, another 1.5T drive (so no upgrade for me).  It's probably hit or miss dependent on stock or age of drive on what you will receive back.

Archived