incorrect message after aborted parity check

After installing a new parity disk and running a parity sync to completion around 4-5 hours earlier, and after being refreshed, the Main page on the web interface said that no parity check had been done*. I started a non-correcting parity check and decided to stop it about one minute later. The web interface then said:

Last checked on Sat Aug 11 09:02:20 2012 PDT (today), finding 0 errors.

* Duration: 18 hours, 25 minutes, 1 second. Average speed: 45.3 MB/sec

This is incorrect, since the check was not done. I think the duration and speed are *not* from the previous parity sync, but are  extrapolated from the short time the parity check was running. After rebooting the server, the first line of this message is still displayed.

- Eric

* This implies that a parity check is always necessary after a parity sync. Is that necessarily true?

After parity is created the array will tell you parity has never been checked, if you know its logical, parity -has- never been checked, it only got created.

The "parity has been checked" message is indeed based on the fact that parity check was started up, if you abort it the message will read that parity has been checked. Ideally it should report the date of the latest completed parity check or indicate that the last check was aborted, I understand, but it does not.

I do not think it is a bug, this is consistent behaviour I have seen in all unraid versions I have run.

After parity is created the array will tell you parity has never been checked, if you know its logical, parity -has- never been checked, it only got created.

The "parity has been checked" message is indeed based on the fact that parity check was started up, if you abort it the message will read that parity has been checked. Ideally it should report the date of the latest completed parity check or indicate that the last check was aborted, I understand, but it does not.

I do not think it is a bug, this is consistent behaviour I have seen in all unraid versions I have run.

I think it is a bug.  It is confusing to users.  It should not say checked, if aborted.