Security Issue

So tonight I noticed that my entire network was acting up. Reset the router and my switches but still issues. I was transferring a new movie I bought but noticed all of my disks were spinning. I spun them all down and within a few minutes they all started spinning again. I blocked internet access to my server and spun them all down again and they stayed asleep. I am currently scanning my family computers, but is it possible that something has infected my unRAID server allowing someone to copy my backups?

Well... nothing is impossible... The security within the unraid system itself is very limited, local network security should make sure  that noone bad can reach the system.. Unless someone really took the effort and hacked into your router though it should not be possible to reach the system..

That is UNLESS you did something specific like exposing unraid to the internet (maybe because you wanted to reach your files from another location ?), if you do something like that it will basically be like bending over in a dark street with a bullseye painted on your behind :-)

I scanned mine and my wife's machine. She had a 2 adwares and I had a clean bill of health. I checked through the router settings and there are no port forwarding entries and the night that it occurred there were only 2 devices attached to my wireless so I don't think it was a router intrusion. I am kinda hoping something shows up on my daughters machine that I am scanning tonight just so I can have an actual idea as to why it occurred. However the blocking of internet access in the router to my unRaid box seems to have stopped whatever was going on.