What is your uptime?

jowi

Was wondering what uptimes we have... i'm from a Windows background myself so i'm not used to uptimes of more then a few hours ;) but my unRAID server is now :

12 days, 3 hours, 31 minutes :)

Basically, 12 days ago i swapped my X7SPA-HF board for a X9SCM with i3, booted it once, re-installed my plugins, and that was it :)

Uptime

(from /usr/bin/uptime)

15:11:25 up 355 days, 22:59

Waiting for the "magic" year of uptime  :D

My problem is I tend to upgrade things quite frequently.  So, my uptimes are never that long.  That being said, there is nothing from preventing my unRAID or OpenFiler boxes from running indefinitely.  I even have them both redundantly powered.

I normally average around 30 days before I tinker with it. My last Linux server running Slackware I was just a few days shy of 4years, but sadly I bought a house so I had to power it down to move it. My wife said we could of packed it over to the house on UPS, but I was a bit worried about jarring the spinning Hard Drives. ;) LOL

I'm currently 118 days since we had a power outage longer than my UPS could handle. I have been in the 200+ range

Its my first non- win machine, and its amazing how its just works. Essentially it runs until You tell it not to :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I normally average around 30 days before I tinker with it. My last Linux server running Slackware I was just a few days shy of 4years, but sadly I bought a house so I had to power it down to move it. My wife said we could of packed it over to the house on UPS, but I was a bit worried about jarring the spinning Hard Drives. ;) LOL

Definitely would defeat the purpose if as soon as you got settled you had to take it offline to replace disks!

I usually go around 30 before tinkering. Once I get the test server running I should have longer uptimes, since I won't be rebooting my production server to test things anymore!

I'm currently 118 days since we had a power outage longer than my UPS could handle. I have been in the 200+ range

Its my first non- win machine, and its amazing how its just works. Essentially it runs until You tell it not to :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the world of Unix based operating systems. My MacBook Pro that I use as a desktop PC had an uptime of 2 and a half years before I recently upgraded to mountain lion so I had to reboot.

As for my unraid server, I'm at almost 25 days right now. Also a big tinkerer but there haven't been any new 5.0 RCs or major plugin updates that require a reboot. This is probably the longest uptime it's had in over a year.

hMKom.png

I've had servers running for over 2 years. It all depends on maintenance and/or power.

On our Solaris systems we discovered after 2.5 years the OS would hit a bug and crash.

I had to write a nagios plugin to monitor uptime just in case.

My vmware instance of windows XP does not usually last more then a month or so.

Welcome to the world of Unix based operating systems. My MacBook Pro that I use as a desktop PC had an uptime of 2 and a half years before I recently upgraded to mountain lion so I had to reboot.

As for my unraid server, I'm at almost 25 days right now. Also a big tinkerer but there haven't been any new 5.0 RCs or major plugin updates that require a reboot. This is probably the longest uptime it's had in over a year.

hMKom.png

which app is that ?

My windows pc had an uptime of 1 year 3 months and 17 days before it went down. Power supply failed :P

I know the exact uptime because I still had the invoice from the day I got the parts to build it. I put it together, set everything up and never turner it off. Auto updates were turned off so no required reboots from that.