[feedback] M1015 - for seanant

spants

Seanant - the two controllers arrived today in the UK safely. Wasn't asked to sign for them by the postman but wanted to let you (and others) know that they arrived.

BTW, I had quite a few PMs from people worried by the lack of contact with you during the buying process. Can I suggest that you raise the price slightly to cover your costs and time so that you can confirm receipt of funds/dispatch/availability etc. I think that it would actually save you time and trouble! 

Anyway, thanks again for sending promptly at a great price.

Tony

I will add an option for rush service and tracking. I did pay for the delivery confirmation.  The international tracking numbers don't give any information other than the USPS received a parcel.

If you see I'm on-line that's because I use tapatalk but don't always have time to read anything.

Just so you and everyone understands I'm going to set some expectations.

I'm a one man shop. I work full time put in 60+ a week. I've got 4 children, 2 in college, one in 11th grade and a baby. So far I've sold 30 or so M1015s here and I think I'm at 1000% for delivery and quality.

I don't rush.  This is a hobby for me, I do this for the fellow enthusiast and to hopefully get everyone on a hardware baseline which i think will make it easier for lime tech (LT) to support. This does a few things for the unRAID community.  Less bugs for LT  so theres more time for new features.  This increases feature velocity to users. Also helps all of us leverage each others work more easily.

When it comes to balance of life I think you all understand what tips the scale and gets more time.

All you buyers out there don't be shy. If you want to pay extra or need a rush shipment please do offer me extra cash $$. It goes to my wife and children's college fund.  Then I'll turn around in a flash.

Thank you for the advice.

Thanks for the post seanant.

I'm sure I'm among many that very much appreciate your generosity of offering a great deal to individual fellow unraid users with the hugely additional benefit of flashing the units.

I PM'd you Aug 30 regarding the status of my order from the Aug 14th and haven't heard back yet but understand you're busy.

As long as I get my card I'll be happy.

I've got over 350 PMs from people asking for cards. I don't know who's who  in the open forum. If I don't reply to your PM it's not me being rude or inconsiderate. I just don't have enough time.  Maybe one day. I'm doing the best I can to be fair and impartial.

I do have a list of those who have asked and when I get more I start at the top and work my way down. Then start by going through the PMs to see if anyone is still wants a card. The only person left waiting to receive a package from the last batch is in Australia. And one in AZ.

I hope to resolve the AZ order ASAP.

I'm a one man shop...

... This is a hobby for me, I do this for the fellow enthusiast ...

When it comes to balance of life I think you all understand what tips the scale and gets more time.

I think all of us who have reached a certain point in life can relate to what you're saying. I received my 2 cards just fine, and with no correspondence. I left seanant alone because I knew he was flooded, was not being reimbursed for his time, and was just trying to help us all out. It sounds simple enough to say "just drop me a line and let me know", but the reality is that if you have dozens of simultaneous shipments, that adds significantly to the amount of administration overhead involved for each order. Perhaps Seanant, you should issue a statement next time that simply says "if you haven't received your order in 2 weeks, let me know". That sets a threshold for people so they can appropriately contact you if they fall outside your expected delivery time. But that's just a suggestion. I for one am grateful that you: 1) offered your time and energy to source these cards and sell them here for a rock bottom price, 2) offered to flash the firmware of our choice, and 3) have repeated your efforts through 2 group buys so far, with an apparent intention to continue more. Thank you for your efforts. :)

I've got over 350 PMs from people asking for cards. I don't know who's who  in the open forum. If I don't reply to your PM it's not me being rude or inconsiderate. I just don't have enough time.  Maybe one day. I'm doing the best I can to be fair and impartial.

I do have a list of those who have asked and when I get more I start at the top and work my way down. Then start by going through the PMs to see if anyone is still wants a card. The only person left waiting to receive a package from the last batch is in Australia. And one in AZ.

I hope to resolve the AZ order ASAP.

Given the above and the fact that I have a confirmed paypal transaction (charge to my account) August 14 For $75 to the email address per your instructions via PM the same day and have not received a package let alone replies to my inquiries I'm a bit concerned.

Per my previous post I PM'd you August 14 02:22:57 PM in reply to your PM of 02:02:17 PM the same day with instructions to send paypal funds to [email protected].  My PM confirmed the order and the paypal transaction to the email address you specified.

I'll followup this post with another PM including the details of the paypal confirmation to the email address per your instructions to give you a chance to reply to me privately.

I understand your position but please understand mine.  PM via this website is the only option you've left buyers other than posting publicly in the forums.

The fact that you have more PMs than you have enough time to reply to leaves me few options in this particular situation.

I figure you won't remember a previous communication from June when I replied in the affirmative to your offer with the information you requested and then never heard from you.

Still interested?  I will let you know sometime tomorrow.  There was a guy in Australia and one in Singapore.  Down under fell out and I'm waiting on Singapore. Do you want them flashed?>

Where do you need them shipped?

If you let me down, it will be the second time. 

The difference is this time I have a bill from paypal for $75 and no card.

Please make good on this deal.

Based on everything you've said in public I still have faith.

--Don

Don Lindbergh

[email protected]

I'll just toss my 2 cents in here. i have ordered from seanant in the past and I  received my card in a reasonable time frame and it was well packed.

i have also pointed more people in other threads to his service. I also plan to buy 1 or 2 more from him when the funds are available.

@seanant.

I would recommend that you ask people to put their forum user names in the paypal notes to help keep track of who is who. It might help a bit. perhaps to include in the notes what bios flash they want also.

The bottom line here is buyer beware. I've don't a pretty good job at this for $0 in pocket. I've got 3 cards of my own and that's about it.

I understand your concerns but this is not the way to handle your issues with me.  I've had other problems before and handled them accordingly.  No need to throw anyone under a bus here.

It's my fault your shipments are delayed. I not denying that at all. So to make it easy I will send your money back via PayPal and you can find cards elsewhere. Those I'm working with via PM will be handled accordingly. I don't have anymore time for this open forum whine session. Yes you got my attention. 

Don no need to call.  Your cash will be refunded.

Praise in public, scold in private. That goes along way. 

My cards arrived today well packed and within a reasonable time frame to Australia.  Haven't tested them yet, but I'm sure they'll work fine.  Yes, there was no communication after the payment but that's not a problem when there are messages posted on the forum with a history of good outcomes.  This was a real bargain, I was lucky to get onto it.  Thanks seanant.

I'm a one man shop...

I think all of us who have reached a certain point in life can relate to what you're saying. I received my 2 cards just fine, and with no correspondence. I left seanant alone because I knew he was flooded, was not being reimbursed for his time, and was just trying to help us all out. It sounds simple enough to say "just drop me a line and let me know", but the reality is that if you have dozens of simultaneous shipments, that adds significantly to the amount of administration overhead involved for each order. Perhaps Seanant, you should issue a statement next time that simply says "if you haven't received your order in 2 weeks, let me know". That sets a threshold for people so they can appropriately contact you if they fall outside your expected delivery time. But that's just a suggestion. I for one am grateful that you: 1) offered your time and energy to source these cards and sell them here for a rock bottom price, 2) offered to flash the firmware of our choice, and 3) have repeated your efforts through 2 group buys so far, with an apparent intention to continue more. Thank you for your efforts. :)

+1

...I bought two cards a couple of weeks ago and everything went smooth.

Seanant, have you considered an eBay store? I don't know the what it costs or if you can have it unlisted so you could only share it here, but that way when you receive more you can set the quantity you have and it would be first come first served.

It would allow you to keep better track of what is needed to be shipped out, and no more messing with a flood of pm's. Especially since smf's pm system isn't the best. Also should provide some buyer assurance since it would provide options for recourse should something not go right. All around a win win. To offset any charges incurred simply charge $80 instead of $75.

Thanks all for trusting me and your patience.  I do have everyone's name that has asked now and over the recent past.  If more become available I will certainly start at the top and work my way down.  I will take care of Don as soon as Bob is squared away.  After that I'm afraid that is it for this round. 

Don if your copying this tonight feel free to call me (NLT 2200 PST).  If not manana is good after 0800 PST.

S

Thanks all for trusting me and your patience.  I do have everyone's name that has asked now and over the recent past.  If more become available I will certainly start at the top and work my way down.  I will take care of Don as soon as Bob is squared away.  After that I'm afraid that is it for this round. 

Don if your copying this tonight feel free to call me (NLT 2200 PST).  If not manana is good after 0800 PST.

S

Just saw your post tonight.

Thank you! 

Apologies for the bitchfest, my angst got the better of me....

No hurry on delivery of the card, was only worried I wasn't on the list.

PM or email me if you need anything.

--Don

I'm a one man shop...

+1

...I bought two cards a couple of weeks ago and everything went smooth.

+1 I also bought 2 card from Seanant....great outcome just be patient people you are getting a deal ::)

I will take care of Don as soon as Bob is squared away.  After that I'm afraid that is it for this round. 

Your number one on the list. Hope I can get some more cards soon.

Ok. 

The way I read your september 4 post was that I would get one from this round, but after Bob. 

Guess I misunderstood. 

No biggie.

I can wait.

hi, seanant, just wanted to confirm if my name is on that list? not being pushy or anything, i saw you said you had alot of pm's and can't reply to all. but dont want to miss out on the next lot ;D

is you getting your hands on cards like a regular thing, where you know you will? or is it completely up in the air, you don't know if, or when you could get more?

ps. in my original pm a couple weeks back to you, i did ask for 1, but if i could be bumped upto 2, that would be awsome.

thanks a heap for helping out the little guy,

Just to let everyone know I have dropped myself from seanant's list so anyone below me should all move up one.  It was at my choice.  I asked to be last on the list with the latest order because I wasn't in dire need of one just wanted a spare.  Found that due to changes in configuration didn't really need it anymore so got myself off the list.  I have no problems ordering a card from seanant at all.  If I find I need one in the future I will see if he has any available.