Is there a way of renaming or deleting files from unraid via iPhone

FileBrowser (£2.99) from iTunes is a pretty worthy app.  I use it to connect to UnRAID via Samba and it does most things you'd expect from Windows File Explorer.

I was thinking since he wanted to do it on his phone he wanted to do it from anywhere.

To the OP: samba will only work on the local network. To delete stuff away from the house what I suggested is what you'll need.

Ideally I want to do this via my local network on my iPhone or iPad.

I'm not great with command line. I need something similar to windows explorer (or something very easy to use) to rename or delete files.

I don think my unraid server can be accessed by the outside world but I might be wrong on that. How would I find out and stop it if that is the case. I don't want a hacker getting in and deleting all my stuff.

I'm not great with command line. I need something similar to windows explorer (or something very easy to use) to rename or delete files.

I don think my unraid server can be accessed by the outside world but I might be wrong on that. How would I find out and stop it if that is the case. I don't want a hacker getting in and deleting all my stuff.

Stock it isn't. That's why I said install ssh if you want to do it from outside your network. Ssh is a secure protocol. But if you just want to do it from home than something like overbyrn suggested would be best.

Install "shellinabox"

It is available as a package from in unMENU and will allow you to perform command line commands from a web-browser.

Joe L.

From the command line type

mc <enter>

That will start up "midnight commander" which you can click on, or use F1-12 tab and the arrow keys to do stuff.

When doing many operations inside mc look at the background option.

Mc isn't the prettiest solution, but its one of the fastest ways to do file operations on your unraid box.

There are over a dozen programs for the Android that let you connect to your Windows/Unraid shares easily. Browse them easily, create, move, play, whatever you want to do. Very easy. Soon as you try to do that with IOS your going to get stuck. I found ONE program that FileBrowser program that sort of found my Windows share. It was nothing like my Android stuff at all. Android is so much more flexible, you can actually work with it and connect to your LAN without having to buy special hardware and stuff. Try playing a 4gb MKV video file with your ipad through your network on the fly. Hahahahaha.

There are over a dozen programs for the Android that let you connect to your Windows/Unraid shares easily. Browse them easily, create, move, play, whatever you want to do. Very easy. Soon as you try to do that with IOS your going to get stuck. I found ONE program that FileBrowser program that sort of found my Windows share. It was nothing like my Android stuff at all. Android is so much more flexible, you can actually work with it and connect to your LAN without having to buy special hardware and stuff. Try playing a 4gb MKV video file with your ipad through your network on the fly. Hahahahaha.

Yes but I don't have an Android phone anymore. I used to have one and replaced it with an iPhone. I've stuck with the iPhone ever since. It's just personal preference but I find it easier to use and I also like the way it integrated with my Apple Tvs.

Try playing a 4gb MKV video file with your ipad through your network on the fly. Hahahahaha.

I don't know if this was meant to be mocking or not, but I have a jailbroken ipad 3 with XBMC installed on it, plays 8gb+ MKV files that are hosted on unRAID with no problem.

The latest version of Air Video Server has video passthrough and I can play back uncompressed bluray over my wireless network. We're talking 30GB+ mkvs. On another note, uncompressed 1080p blurays look amazing on the retina display of the iPad 3.