sas breakout for m1015, and which firmware

subwars

hi, just bought a ibm m1015 off ebay, and need to get a couple breakout cables for it looking on ebay thers a sff8087 as well as a 8086. is there any difference..

would somethig like this be fine?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Mini-SAS-cable-mini-SAS-36pin-Host-SFF-8087-4-SATA-target-cable-0-5meter-/160869319846?pt=AU_Electronics_Accessories_Wires_Cables&hash=item25748f04a6

any recomendations.

i've seen a couple posts on people talking about the m1015 and flashing it with "IT" firmware, i'm wanting to put this into a esxi build for unraid. what firmware should i be flashing onto the card?

That looks like a "forward" breakout cable from the description and it looks like what I bought at Monoprice here in USA.  That cable will connect to a M1015 and 4 individual drives or a back plane with individual drive connections.  I would verify that it is a "Forward" breakout but from the description it should be.  As to firmware look at this post.  There are more recent firmwares but the instructions are good just replace with newer firmware files if you need to.  I just used these older drivers for my ESXi boxes but others have posted newer firmware works better.