Plugin installing before Ethernet Link Up (DHCP) = Failed Download

unevent

When using DHCP, Ethernet linkup is occurring after the plugin folder is parsed and plugin load is attempted.  Using fixed IP, plugins are able to install (download).  Running 5.0-RC8a.  Not a big problem, but thought it was worth mentioning to see if there was a way around it.  (unMenu) Auto Install scripts are working fine with DHCP and downloads.  Plugin I am currently working with is "Sabnzbd_unplugged.plg" from Influencer, in the /boot/config/plugins folder, but will probably affect any plugin using the plugin folder.

Hardware:

ASUS M5A78L-M LX Plus (Realtek 8111E)

Sempron 140

8GB DDR3

Parity: Samsung/Seagate F3 1TB

Disk1-3: WD Black 750GB

Cache: Intel X25-V 40GB SSD

Attached are full syslog for DHCP and Static IP boot.  Thanks for any help and other than this minor issue unRaid has been great.

syslog-Static.txt

syslog-DHCP.txt

Hmm that is interesting, ill have to see if I can add a check before installing. Only issue I can think of is if unraid waits for the plugin to finish before moving on it'll get stuck in a loop unless I just exit if the link isn't up.

I believe it should be requested that plugins get moved to being the last thing installed so the system is ready. Not sure how feasible it is either.

Hmm that is interesting, ill have to see if I can add a check before installing. Only issue I can think of is if unraid waits for the plugin to finish before moving on it'll get stuck in a loop unless I just exit if the link isn't up.

I believe it should be requested that plugins get moved to being the last thing installed so the system is ready. Not sure how feasible it is either.

Watching the boot process with a monitor plugged in, it does hang for about 30-40 seconds at the download failure point (re: DHCP syslog) before continuing on with the boot.

Yes that's expected, what I'm saying is if I check the status of the link and its not up yet, I have two options, either 1. Wait x amount of time and retry or 2. Fail the install and abort.

Failing the install isn't a great option, but there's a possibility if I do option 1 unraid will be waiting for the plugin to finish before it does anything else, such as initiate the dhcp link. If this happens unraid will never finish booting.

Will definitely require a bit of testing :)

Archived