Help - Rsync transfers @ 100kB/sec

wsume99

I've been using rsync to backup files from my desktop to my unraid server. I'm running win7 on my desktop so I'm using DeltaCopy as a frontend for rsync. I've been using it without any problems for a while now. My desktop is setup as the rsync server and the unraid server is the client. Today when I ran a backup from unraid it's only copying at 100 kB/sec. I'm copying a bunch of photos so there are hundreds of files that are 3-4 MBs and every one is copying at 100 kB/sec almost as if I was using the bandwidth limit option but I am not. If I use teracopy and manually copy files between the same directories I see 25-30 MB/sec. I can't figure out what is causing the slow transfers. Anyone have a suggestion on how I can figure this out?

In case it helps the command I'm using to launch the backup is:

rsync -avP --delete --chmod=Fo-X

So I found that the recycle bin was corrupted on the drive I was trying to backup. Fixed that but the slow transfers remain. I also added the --bwlimit=100000 argument to my rsync command to see if somehow it was being limited and that (not surprisingly) made no difference whatsoever. So I'm pretty much stumped at this point. Google has not been very helpful although maybe I'm not searching for the correct terms. Anyone have any ideas on how I can figure out what my problem is?