Out of Office until Oct 3

limetech

Hi Everyone,

I've been out of town on vacation since Sept. 23, and will return on Oct 2.  First family vacation in 3 years.  We're having some fun in the sun on the Big Island of Hawaii  ;D

We are still processing key orders and answering email, though some may be delayed a bit.

I had hoped to complete and release 5.0 'final' before leaving, but just ran out of time.  I'm really sorry about that, and when we get back, we will be hitting it hard to get this done a.s.a.p.

"Thank you" to everyone in the Community for your support.

-tom (aka, limetech)

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Out of the office until October 3rd.... is that 2012?

really ?!! is that necessary ?

I don't know, is it?

A lot of people there believed the next communication would be 2013. Tom has been AWOL many times and shown us often an unacceptable level of commitment towards delivering a stable product customers have paid for. He could always come on to these very forums and defend himself.

I don't know, is it?

A lot of people there believed the next communication would be 2013. Tom has been AWOL many times and shown us often an unacceptable level of commitment towards delivering a stable product customers have paid for. He could always come on to these very forums and defend himself.

umm no, you PAID for the 4.x vesion NOT the 5.x version.

Also if you have been around long enough this isn't the first time this has happened and probably won't be the last.  If I were him everytime I see a comment like that I would just put off communication even longer.  I'm sure he wants to get version 5 out as fast as he can but somethings just don't always work out the way you want.

I don't know, is it?

Also if you have been around long enough this isn't the first time this has happened and probably won't be the last.  If I were him everytime I see a comment like that I would just put off communication even longer.  I'm sure he wants to get version 5 out as fast as he can but somethings just don't always work out the way you want.

Which is broken/has major bugs.

Tom is only selling version 4.7 now, right? And if you bought anything you knew that version 5.x is not available yet and were only buying support for 4.7 anyway, right? Having known that information when you bought it why would you or anyone complain now?

I don't know, is it?

how have these bugs affected you?

please post so we can understand the real world impact of them and not just the theoretical understanding that they exist.

thanks

I don't know, is it?

how have these bugs affected you?

please post so we can understand the real world impact of them and not just the theoretical understanding that they exist.

thanks

They've affected me in that I bought version 4.7 without it being advertised properly (broke) and hence I am not using it with my "live" data/media files.

You can dress it up however you like, the fact of the matter is that 4.7 has major bugs and is not to be trusted. It is not a production release and Tom promised to fix it with version 4.7.1 and has not done so for well over a year, mainly due to the focus on version 5.

Many people seem to think the answer to my comments is to post on these forums how long they have been using version XYZ for with no issues. That's nice. It also means nothing. It's like saying you have been driving to work in your car with 3 wheels for a month with no issues. Ok that's great, but we don't all want to take that risk.