rebuild question

i have a weird question i couldnt find answered anywhere else, so hoping somebody has the answer.

one of my drives died today, so i kicked off a rebuild and all is going well. while refreshing the unraid web interface I noticed the Writes count was going up for a separate (working fine) drive, which as it turns out was being caused by my wife using the WDTV player to watch tv

would this be affecting the parity or the data being restored to drive being rebuilt? i imagine yes simply because a write on a drive == write on the parity drive?

i have a weird question i couldnt find answered anywhere else, so hoping somebody has the answer.

one of my drives died today, so i kicked off a rebuild and all is going well. while refreshing the unraid web interface I noticed the Writes count was going up from a drive, which as it turns out was being caused by my wife using the WDTV player to watch tv (stored on a separate working drive)

would this be affecting the parity or the data being restored to drive being rebuilt? i imagine yes simply because a write on a drive == write on the parity drive?

It would slow the process (since the disk heads have to seek more), but not affect it as far as the data is concerned.