USB to memory card adaptor - GUID fixed or dynamic - collecting models/options

NAS

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm currently using a SanDisk SDDR-B531-GN6NN micro SD reader. The micro SD card I'm using with it is a SanDisk 32GB "Max Endurance". Had no issue installing unraid on the SD card or registering my licence key to the card reader's GUID.

I like this SD card reader because of its a small form factor, barely stick past the case's recess for the MB i/o shield. It's small enough that it's even suitable for being installed internally using an internal USB port if you're using a server mobo or a USB header to USB A adapter like this or this (I haven't bought or used either of the adaptors linked, they're just examples not recommendations). 

Edited by Tits_Mcgruff
  • 2 months later...
On 4/28/2022 at 5:43 PM, Tits_Mcgruff said:

I'm currently using a SanDisk SDDR-B531-GN6NN micro SD reader. The micro SD card I'm using with it is a SanDisk 32GB "Max Endurance". Had no issue installing unraid on the SD card or registering my licence key to the card reader's GUID.

I like this SD card reader because of its a small form factor, barely stick past the case's recess for the MB i/o shield. It's small enough that it's even suitable for being installed internally using an internal USB port if you're using a server mobo or a USB header to USB A adapter like this or this (I haven't bought or used either of the adaptors linked, they're just examples not recommendations). 

We’re you able to install Unraid using the Unraid usb tool or did you need to manually install Unraid ? 

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/3/2022 at 1:02 PM, 100MilWill said:

We’re you able to install Unraid using the Unraid usb tool or did you need to manually install Unraid ? 

I used the usb tool. I have couple more of that SD card reader and used them to double check. The USB tool detected each one as having a different GUID and let me install unRAID to each of them.

Edited by Tits_Mcgruff
  • 4 months later...

I also used SanDisk SDDR-B531-GN6NN micro SD reader with a SanDisk 32GB High Endurance microSD card. Downloaded the flash backup zip from the Unraid UI and used the Unraid installation/creation tool from the website to install the zip. Transferred my license from old USB Flash drive and everything is up and running.

• 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 4/14/2022 at 6:47 PM, Jameslb said:

I can confirm that the USB-reader provided with the Samsung Pro Plus series works with unraid 6.9.2.

Like this one.

I used it with an Sandisk Max Endurance micro-sd 32gb.

I manually installed it with the windows USB tool on the Unraid website.

The USB-reader got accepted when i asked for a trial version within 6.9.2.

I've also used the microSD reader that comes with the Samsung Pro Ultimate, and it works seamlessly. In fact, I believe the readers included with both the Pro Plus and Pro Ultimate series are identical.

https://www.samsung.com/us/computing/memory-storage/memory-cards/pro-ultimate-reader-microsdxc-128gb-mb-my128sb-am/

• 1 month later...
On 10/9/2012 at 9:32 AM, NAS said:

On 4/14/2022 at 11:47 AM, Jameslb said:

I can confirm that the USB-reader provided with the Samsung Pro Plus series works with unraid 6.9.2.

Like this one.

I used it with an Sandisk Max Endurance micro-sd 32gb.

I manually installed it with the windows USB tool on the Unraid website.

The USB-reader got accepted when i asked for a trial version within 6.9.2.

On 2/27/2024 at 11:34 PM, Yoitan said:

I've also used the microSD reader that comes with the Samsung Pro Ultimate, and it works seamlessly. In fact, I believe the readers included with both the Pro Plus and Pro Ultimate series are identical.

https://www.samsung.com/us/computing/memory-storage/memory-cards/pro-ultimate-reader-microsdxc-128gb-mb-my128sb-am/

Any notes on the lifetime / your experience? still using the samsung to sdcard adapter after years? Thanks for letting me know.