Seagate Barracuda 7200 3 TB 7200RPM $119 Amazon Prime

Talsit

Nice!  That's what I paid back in july of 2011.  Finally we're seeing prices come back to what they were before the flood!  :o

Luckily I was ok on space during this time..  It might be time to add in another 3TB drive..  but I need another drive cage then...  damn..

More money to spend! :)

Do bear in mind that the warranty on Seagate is 1 year. It might or might not be a deciding factor on your purchase but I just thought it might be worth repeating.

You can purchase a 3 year warranty for a hard drive of this price on SquareTrade for $18 bucks

Mine's preclearing now =)

I am throwing these drives right into service as i get them (1 yr warranty).  its so fast these days to have a drive shipped, and prices seem stable now, that I am not as concerned about having a warm spare (precleared but unpowered and out of the array) - as the drive will likely be well out of warranty prior to being put into service. 

Right now I have a sleeping 2 TB warm spare that I am probably just going to add to my array and forget about having a spare.  I can live without my array for a week if I need to buy a drive and incorporate it into the array in an emergency.  And anyway, i should really have a 3 tb spare, and that's just a bit expensive at this point.

Archived