[SOLVED]My shares doesn't seeing the new drive

Then you should stop using "Simple Features"as it is entering the values incorrectly with spaces.

The stock unRAID has no drop-down list.  you enter the values in the text fields yourself.

Report the bug to the maintainer of SimpleFeatures.  The drop-down list you are using is a feature added by SimpleFeatures.

(I'm moving this to the customizations forum, as it is more appropriate there)

Here is my Media.cfg file after I left the "Included disk(s)" field empty:

# Generated settings:

shareComment="Movies, Music and Pictures"

shareInclude=""

shareExclude=""

shareUseCache="yes"

shareAllocator="highwater"

shareSplitLevel="4"

shareFloor="256000"

shareExport="e"

shareSecurity="secure"

shareReadList="vdr,xbmc"

shareWriteList="xxxxxxxxx,xxxxxxx,xxxxxx"

shareExportNFS="e"

shareExportNFSFsid="100"

shareSecurityNFS="public"

shareHostListNFS=""

shareExportAFP="-"

shareSecurityAFP="public"

shareReadListAFP=""

shareWriteListAFP=""

shareVolsizelimitAFP=""

Here is another screenshot:

Clipboard01.jpg.6fc653cc14861f24439632c0e27e2ba1.jpg

Ok, it should now start to use all the disks..  (probably when you next reboot, since some have reported it only seems to read those files once)

What did the included field in the file look like when you had disk1,2 & 3 selected.  Were there spaces in the include list between the word 'disk" and the affiliated number?

Joe L.

Thanks Joe L. for the involvment.

Here is how my Media.cfg file look like (in the "selected disk") when i chose disks from the drop-down list:

shareInclude="disk1,disk2,disk3"

There are not spaces at all.

Now, modify it to only include disk1 and 2.  Does it still have no spaces?  Then, add the third disk and save it once more.  Does it still have no spaces?

If so, it is a visual bug in the display.  (very misleading for what is actually being stored)

Success.

After restart of the system everything is fine.

The free size of the shares has been updated and the new size is presented.

Thank you Joe L.

Then it appears as if the display in simplefeatures is misleading. (although the correct value is being saved)

And, it takes a restart of unRAID for it to read and use the newly configured values.

Success.

After restart of the system everything is fine.

The free size of the shares has been updated and the new size is presented.

Thank you Joe L.

Then it appears as if the display in simplefeatures is misleading. (although the correct value is being saved)

And, it takes a restart of unRAID for it to read and use the newly configured values.

SF does not alter the calculation of the free space. Only display formatting is adjusted.

The numbers themselves come directly from unRAID.

Ps. By default all disks are selected, SF indicates this with the wording "all", there is no real need or benefit to check all the available disks, but then again you may have encountered a calculation bug in unRAID by doing so...

Then you should stop using "Simple Features"as it is entering the values incorrectly with spaces.

The stock unRAID has no drop-down list.  you enter the values in the text fields yourself.

Report the bug to the maintainer of SimpleFeatures.  The drop-down list you are using is a feature added by SimpleFeatures.

Joe,

Just to clarify: the user does not type the names himself, these are selected from the dropdown list. The visual display shows the disks with a space (as it should be for an end-user), but internally uses the unRAID syntax.

This is supposed to make life easier, no chances on typos and no misunderstandings about syntax.

We are also not typing "1350193730" to enter a manual date/time but enter "2012-10-14 07:45:53" instead :)

Joe,

Just to clarify: the user does not type the names himself, these are selected from the dropdown list. The visual display shows the disks with a space (as it should be for an end-user), but internally uses the unRAID syntax.

This is supposed to make life easier, no chances on typos and no misunderstandings about syntax.

We are also not typing "1350193730" to enter a manual date/time but enter "2012-10-14 07:45:53" instead :)

You've made support more difficult...    and done nothing to help the user interpret your improved interface.  Everywhere in unRAID they'll see disk1, disk2.  If asked to look in the syslog they'll see disk1, disk2, etc.    In all the documentation they'll see disk1, disk2, etc...  You did not make it more clear the the average user by showing it as "disk 1, disk 2"

Your display caused me to give incorrect advice and complicated the resolution of this issue.  I see he marked it as solved, but it is solved only because he rebooted/re-started unRAID.  The underlying issue still exists.  (a possible bug in unRAID in when the new include/exclude values are applied.)

Going forward, I'll simply ask that Simple-Features be disabled before attempting diagnosis and assistance where it might be involved.  I'm sure lime-tech has always requested that add-ons be disabled before providing help. 

If it sounds as if I'm pissed off, it is because I wasted my time and the users when re-directing them to the customizations forum when I saw a mal-formed include string..  I see you are trying to help make the user-interface better, but in this case, you failed.

Joe L.

Joe,

You've made support more difficult...    and done nothing to help the user interpret your improved interface.  Everywhere in unRAID they'll see disk1, disk2.  If asked to look in the syslog they'll see disk1, disk2, etc.    In all the documentation they'll see disk1, disk2, etc...  You did not make it more clear the the average user by showing it as "disk 1, disk 2"

Your display caused me to give incorrect advice and complicated the resolution of this issue.  I see he marked it as solved, but it is solved only because he rebooted/re-started unRAID.  The underlying issue still exists.  (a possible bug in unRAID in when the new include/exclude values are applied.)

Going forward, I'll simply ask that Simple-Features be disabled before attempting diagnosis and assistance where it might be involved.  I'm sure lime-tech has always requested that add-ons be disabled before providing help. 

If it sounds as if I'm pissed off, it is because I wasted my time and the users when re-directing them to the customizations forum when I saw a mal-formed include string..  I see you are trying to help make the user-interface better, but in this case, you failed.

Joe L.

Simple stating that "SF" is wrong pisses me off ;)

Neither you or I should be in this debate though!

As I stated in the SF topic, people should test with plugins disabled (from the posted images it is clear SF is used).

Perhaps making that statement first eases your frustration, I fully appreciate your support - please let that be understood!

Neither you or I should be in this debate though!

True

As I stated in the SF topic, people should test with plugins disabled (from the posted images it is clear SF is used).

True

Perhaps making that statement first eases your frustration, I fully appreciate your support - please let that be understood!

understood.