(Solved) Unraid and openvpn client

Hey guys

I would like to be able to use a openvpn client on my unraid box but only route specific traffic through it. Everything would go through the normal network accept a short list of addresses that would go through the vpn connection.

First off, is that possible? Does anyone have any guidelines for me how I could make this happen in Unraid?

Secondly i was wondering about security. If i would leave the vpn connected am I compromising the security of the box? Could I be sharing my unraid web console etc with other users on the vpn (bought subscription)?

[EDIT] Solved: see this thread http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=19439.msg205060#msg205060

• 7 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2020 at 10:51 PM, frakman1 said:

@peter_sm @steini84

Both links on here are no longer active.

I was able to get the openvpn client to work and connect. How do I then get my VM to use that new tun5 VPN interface?

This is a very old thread. I don't know why anyone is using it when the Support thread for this plugin can be easily found.

Go to the Apps page in the Unraid webUI (assuming you have installed Community Applications), search for OpenVPN. Several results will come up.

You can go directly to the support thread for anything on the Apps page by clicking on the Support Thread (?) icon for the app.