SOLVED - Tower stopped showing up in Network

I'm rebuilding my unRAID setup from scratch using version 5rc8.  I had previously copied all of my data over to NTFS drives and now I'm transferring them back over to the unRAID array one drive at a time.  I'd install the NTFS drive in another PC and then add a drive to the array and format it.  Once it was formatted, the new drive would show up under Tower in the Network along with the four shares I have set up.  I would copy the contents of the NTFS drive to the shares over the network until everything was transferred.  I would then add the NTFS drive in the array, format it, and repeat the process with the data on the next NTFS drive.

I just added a 7th drive to the array, formatted it, and now neither the Tower or the newly added drive show up in the Network.  I've rebooted several times with no joy.  I can still access the server via the web GUI and I can map the newly installed drive manually.  The Tower, shares, and individual drives no longer appear as part of the network.

Any ideas?

I've had this issue before, try resetting your router or simply power cycle it. I'm not sure if I want to blame windows or the router but ever since I did that it shows up like its suppose to.

I'll give that a try when I get home.  The thing is, all of my other PCs and devices show up just fine.

I noticed that drive 5 is reporting a multitude of errors and is showing as empty when I try to access it.  I had copied the contents of drive 6 to drive 5 and then added 6 to the array once the copy was finished.  If drive 5 is toast then I lost about 1.2TB of data.  I haven't had a chance to run a parity check yet, but something had been nagging at me to run it ASAP.  I may have waited too long to save the data.  I'm wondering if the errant drive is causing the array not to show up in the network.

Here's where I am so far.  When I got home I rebooted the server and drive 5 was being shown with a red ball.  I unassigned it and then reassigned it with the same result.  The current copy process had finished so I shut down the spare PC with the NTSF drive.  I shut down the server, reseated drive 5 and installed the NTSF drive from the spare PC.  I then booted up the server, reset the configuration, and reassigned all of the drives.  I haven't run a parity check yet so the configuration didn't matter if it changed at this point.  The errant drive with the red ball now had a blue ball, as did all of the other drives.  I started the array and formatted the newly installed NTSF drive.  I had pulled one of the other NTSF drives from the server and connected it to the spare PC and started copying data to the newly formatted unRAID drive.

The server still is not showing up in my network, although I was able to map each individual drive to check the contents.  All drives now had data in them except the newly formatted drive.  I had my shares previously mapped to the older server and was able to reconnect with them without having to change anything.  This is really what's important to me as I have the shared folders mapped to multiple PCs.  Since they seemed to have remained intact, not seeing the Tower displayed as a network device is something I can live without.

I'm used to unRAID not showing up because it never did with versions 4.x.  What's weird is that when I add a new drive to the array that's connected to the Supermicro controller, one drive shows up with a red ball and appears as empty when I map the drive.  If I reset the configuration, all drives show up as blue and I can set everything up from scratch OK.  The empty drive now shows as having data.  It may have something to do with the pecking order of the ports being assigned by the controller, but who knows?  As long as it remains stable after adding the last drive it's a non-issue.

Nope.  The Tower just stopped showing up in the Network listing after adding a drive.  Since then I've added more drives and still no Tower in the Network list.  All other PCs and devices have remained unchanged.

Like I said, I'm used to not seeing the Tower listed in the Network with 4.7 and in previous versions so it's not that big of a deal.  I can still map the shared folders and individual drives so all is good.  The links to the server I set up in my WMC libraries still work.  I expect the links I set up in XBMC will still be there as well, but I haven't checked them yet.

Good news (for me, anyway ;)).  The Tower, all drives, and shares are all showing up in my network.  It would seem that after adding more drives it takes more time for the drives and shares to show up in the network.  If I let it sit for a while after starting the array, everything starts showing up in the network.  I guess it takes more time than I was giving it to scan the entire array for all shares and drives before they get mapped and displayed.  It's all good.