TV Show post-processing with SABnzbd or SickBeard?

AndrewT

What do you all use for SickBeard and SAB settings to get TV Shows processed and placed into a directory you find convenient for transferring to the array???  I’m using XBMC for TV shows, but that isn’t as important.

I have a system that has been working very well for both CouchPotato and HeadPhones, but for some reason cannot get TV shows on Sickbeard post-processed and placed into a similar directory scheme and I just cannot figure it out.  For some reason I keep ending up with post-processed TV Shows in the /mnt/cache/.incompletedownloads/ directory unlike music and movies.

This is the scheme of my directories:

-all programs installed and ran on:  /mnt/cache/.apps/*/

(e.g., /mnt/cache/.apps/couchpotato/

/mnt/cache/.apps/sabnzbd/

/mnt/cache/.apps/sickbeard/  )

and I want some directory for when SAB downloads the NZB file (so if I have to hit retry after a failed download, I have a .nzb file to select) and to distinguish unprocessed completed downloads from processed completed downloads, which is why I created the User Share "CompletedDownloads": 

/mnt/cache/CompletedDownloads/Processed/tv/

/mnt/cache/CompletedDownloads/Unprocessed/tv/

incomplete SAB downloads are saved in:

/mnt/cache/.incompletedownloads/

unprocessed completed SAB downloads (categories “movies” “music” “tv” in SAB setup):

/mnt/cache/CompletedDownloads/Unprocessed/movies

/mnt/cache/CompletedDownloads/Unprocessed/music

processed (by CP and HP respectively) completed SAB downloads “movies” and “music”:

/mnt/cache/CompletedDownloads/Processed/movies

/mnt/cache/CompletedDownloads/Processed/music

If you use the sabtosickbeard.py script for your tv show post processing, sickbeard will process every episode as it downloads and place it in the directory it goes in without the need for you to manually move it.

The script can be found in sickbeards install directory, so if installed to /usr/local/sickbeard the script would be in /usr/local/sickbeard/autoProcessTV

You need the autoProcessTV.cfg, autoProcessTV.py and sabtosickbeard.py scripts, rename autoProcessTV.cfg.sample to autoProcessTV.cfg, edit the file to reflect the port sickbeard runs on. I placed all of the needed files in sabnzbd's scripts folder(data directory location). For your TV category select it to use the sabtosickbeard.py post-processing script which will send the info to sickbeard for post-processing. Then just setup the post processing options in sickbeard.

I am actually letting sickbeard post process without the sabtosickbeard script.

Sab is moving the completed tv show files to /mnt/cache/.sabnzbd/complete/TV Shows/

Sickbeard watches the /mnt/cache/.sabnzbd/complete/TV Shows folder for new files. When it finds them, it automatically processes them, downloading metadata and moves them to the /mnt/user/TV Shows/ShowName folder

Although I've tried the sabtosickbeard scripts, I do prefer to just used SickBeard's own post-processing methods, because they're easy to check and uncheck what I want for my XBMC setup.

I am actually letting sickbeard post process without the sabtosickbeard script.

Sab is moving the completed tv show files to /mnt/cache/.sabnzbd/complete/TV Shows/

Sickbeard watches the /mnt/cache/.sabnzbd/complete/TV Shows folder for new files. When it finds them, it automatically processes them, downloading metadata and moves them to the /mnt/user/TV Shows/ShowName folder

Could you please list the settings you are using in SAB and SB to get this to work for you?  While your directories are named differently, I'd like to accomplish the sample steps as you.

SAB

Folders

Temporary Download Folder = /mnt/cache/.incompletedownloads

Completed Download Folder = /mnt/cache/CompletedDownloads

Watched Folder = /mnt/cache/.incompletedownloads

Categories

Category = tv

Priority = +Delete

Processing Script = None

Folder/Path = /mnt/cache/CompletedDownloads/Unprocessed/tv

Groups / Indexer tags = tv

SB

Search Settings

NZB Search

SABnzbd Category:  tv

Config

Post-Processing

TV Download Dir =  /mnt/cache/CompletedDownloads/Unprocessed/tv

Scan and Process = checked, right?

What's peculiar to me is under TV Shows in SickBeard, it still shows:

Airs: Sunday 10:00 PM on Showtime

It probably got screwed up when adding the show. You'll have to go in and change the location to /mnt/user/TV/ or wherever it is on your array you want it.

If all of your shows are in /mnt/user/TV/Show_Name you can mass-update the locations like this:

Manage > Mass Update > Select all shows > Select "Edit Selected" at bottom of page > Edit Root directory > /mnt/user/TV/

Archived