Looking to access my audiobooks folder via a podcatcher. Auto RSS generator?

Hi all, so I have an extensive audiobooks collection, and I would like to be able to connect with my android phone and play my audiobook files.  Audiobooks means I need to be able to remember my spot in the long files, so I would think a Podcatcher would work.

Is there any way to share or stream my audiobook folder and access them via android? 

Or maybe, to ask another way, is there a way to automatically generate an RSS feed of folder contents, and each folder creates a new podcast?  Then, technically, couldn't I connect with any podcatcher and listen to each files of the book?  Then when i finish, I just connect to the rss of the next book i want to listen to?

I really dont know how I can do this, but basically, i just want to share, or stream, or publish or whatever my unraidserver/audiobooks folder  so i can stream/download/access them on my phone or another portable device.  When i get to the end of a chapter/file/book, i can select the next chapter/file/book

Make sense?  Even if there's not an unraid plugin, I would use an unRAID webserver to publish them, so what's my next step?

I will grant access to my 18tb of movies and tv shows (via MyPlex) as well as to my audiobook podcast/stream/whatever as a thank to anyone that helps me.  I'm really desperate, and have searched for this solution, on and off for 6 months... :(

thank you for reading.

• 2 years later...

Sadly not. The Plex release focuses on music, not audiobooks. I suspect it would be trivial for them to add the killer missing feature, position persistence.

The whole point of an audiobook player is that it remembers where you are for you. Audible is fantastic at this. If only Plex (or any other service for that matter) would implement such a feature it would save me a ££ every month! I have a huge collection of audiobooks I legally own but don't listen too as I don't want to have to jockey for position everytime I stop listening.

Any devs out there? Do this!

Sadly not. The Plex release focuses on music, not audiobooks. I suspect it would be trivial for them to add the killer missing feature, position persistence.

The whole point of an audiobook player is that it remembers where you are for you. Audible is fantastic at this. If only Plex (or any other service for that matter) would implement such a feature it would save me a ££ every month! I have a huge collection of audiobooks I legally own but don't listen too as I don't want to have to jockey for position everytime I stop listening.

Any devs out there? Do this!

Are you looking to sync position across devices? Or do you just need an app for some specific device (android or what) that remembers position? Or are you looking to stream audiobooks and have the server remember position? Or something else (probably obvious) that I'm missing.

The reason I am unclear is because I have never streamed audiobooks, even with audible. I often listen in the car and can't assume a good signal that would allow streaming, so I download the complete audiobook to my android phone. And that is the only device I ever play from so I don't need to sync across devices. Most of my audiobook collection is plain mp3 files from various sources. I have a good audiobook player app that remembers position, skip forward and back 15sec, 1min, or next file, lots of other features. Probably some other apps out there I haven't tried though. I do know about podcatcher apps and use one for podcasts, but I don't use it on audiobooks and I always download a complete podcast rather than streaming, for the same reason already mentioned.

Maybe you can teach me a better way.