ACPI V1.0 - ACPI V2.0 - ACPI V3.0

NAS

The Base Build MB "Asus P5B-VM DO" has a BIOS option of ACPI V1.0 - ACPI V2.0 - ACPI V3.0.

It seems I have a stable system with ACPI V1.0 selected but not having much experience with ACPI (other than it usually causes problems) I am wondering if it is worth changing this to V2.0 or even V3.0.

Would appreciate any real world advice on this one.

In general, you want the latest version that works.  ACPI v3.0 adds SATA and PCI Express support, as well as numerous other features (processor performance and throttling etc) and numerous bug fixes.  The latest version is v3.0b.

If you don't mind the time, boot with each ACPI version, give the system a simple workout (copy a small file from each drive, then copy a small file to any one drive), then capture the syslog (label it with the ACPI version).  I think you will know very quickly if there is a problem with a version, and I'll be happy to compare the 3 syslogs and look for other anomalies or improvements.

• Thanks 1

I probably should have stated my 'ulterior' motives.  I was curious myself to see what differences might be evident in the syslogs, but it's not that important.  *If* the impulse strikes you, I would still appreciate seeing a v1 and v3 syslog, but again - not that important.  I'm always looking for clues that might help me understand user's problems from the syslogs, and better help them.