WD advance drive swap

I followed the procedure on the wd website. I asked for advanced shipping, as I remembered this option worked well for me in the past.  To my surprise, wd just sent me the replacement drive, but no return prepaid slip.  Are we supposed to pay for our own shipping now? If so, that is close to half the cost of purchasing a new drive (been told ~$30 from Canada). Maybe I'm missing something?

Luca

Well, apparently WD does not pay for return shipping in Canada.  :o

I maybe having a senior moment, but I thought they allow for pre-paid shipping both ways in the past.

We apologize for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, Western Digital does not have any deal with any of  the Canadian couriers so that we can accommodate the return of the defective unit. The shipping cost is split between both Western Digital and the customer. Once again, we apologize for the inconvenience.

If you're in Canada you should be shipping to Toronto and it shouldn't cost $30.

Good to know, thanks. Are you in Canada? The sender address is a company in California, no further instructions to be found... There was also no RMA number anywhere on the papers. I've asked the wd rep for both pieces of info. This didn't use to be so hard.

Ya, I returned a drive not too long ago. It went to Mississauga I believe. I believe the replacement shipped from the US.

You are right, this was confirmed by the wd rep. I suggested to the rep that they make clear that Canadian have to pay for return shipping. Including the return address and RMA number with the package would also be helpful IMO.