Cyberpower UPS

lovingHDTV

Before figuring out the issue on my APC unit I replaced it with a cyberpower 1500 unit.

I want to report back that it was a plug and play replacent with respect to the APC plugin.  Just plugged in the usb cable, did a powerdown test,  and it just worked.

Easy peasy

Dave

Sent from my MOPHO using Tapatalk 2

• 2 weeks later...

I recently purchased a CyberPower 1350AVR , although it wasn't purchased to use with my UnRaid server, I am now in a position I may need it.    I had setup the APC powerdown script , so based on your comments, it looks promising.

Im going to test the process and plug the server in to the wall outlet directly and only have a lamp and the USB cable plugged in the UPS.  Then, once the UPS hits the 5% or 3 minute mark if everything works as planned, the server will shutdown cleanly.  If it doesn't work, the server stays running and the UPS dies off and only shuts the lamp off.  (I'm just adding this last paragraph for the benefit of others who may not be away of testing it out this way)  :)

Thanks for comments!

Im going to test the process and plug the server in to the wall outlet directly and only have a lamp and the USB cable plugged in the UPS.  Then, once the UPS hits the 5% or 3 minute mark if everything works as planned, the server will shutdown cleanly.  If it doesn't work, the server stays running and the UPS dies off and only shuts the lamp off.  (I'm just adding this last paragraph for the benefit of others who may not be away of testing it out this way)  :)

Cool idea! Never thought of doing that. Definitely will come in handy when it comes around to trying to get NUT running for my Eaton UPS

Cool idea! Never thought of doing that. Definitely will come in handy when it comes around to trying to get NUT running for my Eaton UPS

I can't take credit for the process, but can't recall who suggested it to me back when I setup my UPS (like Joe as without his help, I don't think I would have anything working)  :)

We use Eaton UPS's at work.  I figured they were higher-end UPS's and never consider getting one for home (too expensive and more power than needed as I am mainly concerned with a clean power-down , not trying to run the server during a power outage).  Important items during power outage:  Router , Cable Modem and Laptop  :)