Intermittent Permissions Refusal?

I have jdownloader running on my Ubuntu desktop machine.  It is writing its downloaded files to an nfs user share on my unRAID server.  This arrangement works fine and I have downloaded many GB this way.

However, intermittently, but fairly often, jdownloader will report that a file download has aborted: "[Aborted] : No permissions to write to hard disk".

I have never seen this occur at the start of a download - it is always when several MB of the file have already been downloaded and written to the share.  At the time that this happens, there will, typically, be four other downloads all being written to the same share, and the continue without interruption.  Enabling and Resuming the aborted download will allow it to continue, often with no further problems.

I have never seen this error occur while jdownloader is writing the files to a drive local to the machine it is running on.

I conclude that, for no apparent reason, unRAID will intermittently return a spurious permissions error.  There is absolutely nothing unusual recorded in the syslog at the time that the problem occurs.

As an example, I left downloads running overnight last night - in the space of about seven hours five permissions errors were reported.  I have a nominally 2Mb adsl service - jdownloader typically reports a download rate of around 220KB/s.

• 2 weeks later...

+1

I also get intermittent permission issues. My permissions issue manifests often when attempting to rename a file or folder.  I've verified permissions, re run the newperms script to no avail.  I've even had numerous issues where my first and second attempts to rename a file fail while the third attempt will succeed, all attempts right after one another.

I've also concluded that, for no apparent reason, unRAID will intermittently return a spurious permissions error. Also there is nothing unusual recorded in the syslog at the time the problem occurs.

Except that I connect via Samba from a Mac running Mountain lion to my unRaid Server (5.0rc5)