Can't write/edit/rename files (wrong permissions?)

I’ve recently  updated my unRAID from 4.7 to 5.0 RC8 and I’m generally very pleased with the new version but there’s one thing that still bugs me and I think it has something to do with file permissions and ownership.

On 4.7 I could easily write, edit, delete, rename, etc. both files and directories right from Windows Explorer or Mac OS X Finder but now on 5.0 RC8 it’s quite complicated. For example I can copy a folder with files from my Mac or PC to unRAID but after that I can’t rename. When I’m browsing my Transmission’s downloads folder on a cache drive I can delete/rename files and directories, but when go inside one of the downloaded folders I can’t do anything except reading, otherwise Windows Explorer says I don’t have “permissions for TOWER\nobody”. It’s not a Transmission’s fault because I can manually place a file/folder on cache drive and everything is working in the same way. And that’s only few of the annoyances.

After the upgrade I’ve run the “New Permissions” script. I’m using only SMB secure shares (no AFP or NFS) with 3 users: one with full read/write access (that's me) and two with read-only access (other family members). Is there a way to get back the 4.7-like behaviour on 5.0 RC8? I can do everything with the files through Midnight Commander directly on unRAID but for me that’s not very productive and it still doesn’t allow me to add single file to a folder on unRAID :-(