Changing Split Level to distribute data files within 2 hard drives

I've been using my UnRaid4.7 for about a year or so now.  I have two 2TB HD.  Initially, I created several user shares with High Water, Split Level 0, and 4mb min free space.  I didn't really think much about the setup until recently....

One (disk1) of my two 2TB HD is full!  The other (disk2) is empty.  So I updated my user shares to Hight Water, Split 2 or 3, and 10GB min free space.  Even though I changed it, nothing happened... there was no rebalancing of the data files in the server...

I tried this hint by Raj, http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=8187.msg79272#msg79272.  Basically, create a new user share with proper settings and move the files from the old user share to the new user share.

So I tried this command:  "nohup mv /mnt/user/Photography/* /mnt/user/Photography2 &"

That didn't work.  The data stayed in the same disk (disk1); disk2 is still empty...

Worst case, I will move all my data to an external hard drive via SNAP (http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=5904) then empty/delete/clean out the unRaid Server, reset the user shares settings, then copy back  the data from the external hard drive.... I really don't want to do it this way....

Is there a better way to do this?

So I tried this command:  "nohup mv /mnt/user/Photography/* /mnt/user/Photography2 &"

That didn't work.  The data stayed in the same disk (disk1); disk2 is still empty...

Is there a better way to do this?

Use midnight commander (mc) to move the subfolders you want from /mnt/disk1/whatever to /mnt/disk2/whatever.

Using /mnt/user isn't going to be very helpful in this instance.

There is a "bug" in unRAID that causes the move to not work. If you copy from user share to user share or even within a single user share, the data will stay on the same disk even if the split level or allocation method means it should be put on another disk.

You can do a move from disk to disk on the server or share the disks and do it from a PC. You could also move files back to a cache disk and then let unRAID re-distribute them back onto the server. If you had a spare disk, you could create a new array with the spare disk in place of disk1 and put disk1 as the cache and then the files will be redistributed to the new array.

Easiest would be to move enough files to disk2 so everything is happy (try 100gig+) and then leave the rest on disk1 as they are.