[SOLVED]Moving data to new UnRaid

Hey I just had a few quick questions on how to move my data to my new unraid server.

Currently I have:

HDD1: 2TB - 90% full

HDD2: 2TB - clone of HDD1

HDD3: 1TB - 80% full

HDD4: 2TB - 0% full

My parts for my server should be here tomorrow so here was my plan. Please let me know if I am going about this right.

Run preclear x2 on HDD4 add to array as data drive

Move contents of HDD1 to HDD4

Run preclear x2 on HDD1 and add as parity drive then calculate parity

Run preclear x2 on HDD2 and add as data drive

Move contents of HDD3 to array

Run preclear x2 and add HDD3 to array

If I do this right all my data should be safe through out the move correct? (I realize HDD3 isnt safe currently and wont be during the move) My main concern is that the 2TB is safe as that has my more important data on it.

I also realize that adding the parity drive before adding all the data drives will slow down the second transfer but Im willing to go slower and have everything safe then get it there fast.

So is there anything different you guys would suggest or does this look good?

It sounds like you are aware of the issues involved.

Just would suggest you use a program like Teracopy to migrate your data.  It will verify the files were copied accurately.  (There have been rare cases where network interfaces on some old Nforce motherboards corrupted data while being transferred.)

the plan sounds good.

just double check and verify data before erasing the source drives. there is no going back once you do that.

one other option,

technically you only have 2 drives worth of data. if you buy one more drive, you could then build a complete array from drives 2+4+new. then you could migrate 1&3 (leaving 1&3 sitting aside as a temporary backup) and have a full copy of all of your data until you are 100% happy with the transfer and unraid. You can then add the 2 old drives into the array at your leisure once comfortable.. i guess it depends on the personal value of the data.