where is vsftpd.conf on version: 5.0-rc4???

I'm running version: 5.0-rc4 without any issues and want to setup vsftpd. I've searched the forums and I know that vsftd.conf resides in /etc/vsftpd.conf, but I cannot find that etc folder at all.

Note: I'm a Linux noob, so maybe I'm missing something obvious.

Also note: I did a cat /etc/vsftpd.conf in a telnet putty and see the vsftpd.conf contents...now I just need to know where to find it on my flash so I can edit it. Doing a search on my flash for "vsftpd" returns nothing.

It's not on your flash, it's only in RAM, and it's recreated as it is originally on every restart. You will need to save your edited file to the flash, and put the commands to copy it back into place and whatever else is needed to make vsftpd reread the file into your go file to be executed on reboot.

What commands do I place and where do I place them so that vsftps always reads my custom file on reboot? Where is this go file?

Can anyone instruct how to load a custom vsftpd.conf if I create one in a custom folder on my flash?

EG: I place a custom vsftpd.conf file in a folder on flash in "etc/custom"

I then want my unraid to call that file when it boots instead of loading the default one that only exists in ram. I've searched for hours on many sites and cannot seem to find the command that I would place in my go file that would launch that custom vsftpd.conf file in my chosen directory.

Anyone?

Add the following to the go file:

[*]Copy the custom file to the correct location

[*](re)start the ftp server

Note that the ftp service is likely to be totally insecure with logins that require no password! Do not expose the server to the Internet unless you know how to make it secure!

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I didn't see any text of what to put in the go file. I'll not be allowing anonymous logins, and have also stripped the default 'ftp' user from the .conf

Add the following to the go file:

[*]Copy the custom file to the correct location

[*](re)start the ftp server

Note that the ftp service is likely to be totally insecure with logins that require no password! Do not expose the server to the Internet unless you know how to make it secure!

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I didn't see any text of what to put in the go file. I'll not be allowing anonymous logins, and have also stripped the default 'ftp' user from the .conf

These are general instructions. I don't have the details. The security warning applies. There may be non-anonymous logins enabled without passwords. A couple of year ago I disabled vsftp because it was totally un-secure but I don't remember the details. DO NOT expose this to the Internet without using a VPN or SSH.