My unRAID server!

Hi everybody,

I've finally put all the pieces together to complete my unRAID server.  So, this topic will be to share my experience and maybe, help some other people who, just like me, read the lime-tech board to answer some of their questions.  Some of the pieces come from my current computer (which will then be upgraded), others are brand new.  So, unfortunately, I can't put a total price tag, sorry.  Here it is :

Motherboard : Asus M4A89GTD PRO/USB3

Case : Azza Helios 910 (with 9 5.25 drive bay, so the possibility to put 3 iStarUSA BPU-350SATA-BLUE 3x5.25" to 5x3.5" SAS/SATA 6.0 Gb/s Hot-Swap Cage)

HDD : 3x Western Digital Red WD30EFRX Drive in a iStarUSA BPU-350SATA-BLUE

Power Supply : Antec EarthWatts EA-650 GREEN 650W ATX12V v2.3 SLI Ready CrossFire Certified 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply

USB Drive : Kingston 8GB (don't remember the exact model number, will edit my post later to add it)

CPU : AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor HDZ965FBGMBOX

Memory : 4GB Kingston KVR1333D3N9K2/4G

So, with this config, I can add up to 15 drives (with 3x iStarUSA BPU-350SATA-BLUE) for a total of 45TB (including parity drive).  Hoping everything will go well (*knock on wood*).  I'll update this topic with my experience.

Draven