Newegg Seagate 3TB $89.99 + Free shipping

jamerson9

Amazon price back to 110.00 I canceled my amazon order from this morning and placed an order for 3 from Newegg, you guys are great!!!

Because amazon ran out.  The new ones at $110 are being sold by J Electronics.

I bought 2 at the $90 mark, I guess I will sit on them until either I get a new case or for backups if one of my other drives die.

to take advantage of the better speed of this drive

Read/writes and parity syncs run as fast as you're slowest (green) drive. All you introduce with these is heat and noise.

As a parity drive it could provide a couple of percent greater speed when writing to multiple data drives at the same time.  Otherwise I would use this as a data drive for data that I wanted faster reads from.

Think I'm going to take my chances and wait. Still have the actual black friday and then the weekend, and monday too to find deals. Warranty seems to vary depend on who is selling it.

By the way check your credit cards, many american express cards will extend the manufacturer's warranty by a year. Other credit cards may do the same too.

I keep hoping tom is gonna have a black friday sale on unraid licenses, wishful thinking right?