[SOLVED]Problem with some plugins after restart

Shakula

New user of Unraid (5.0-rc8a) here, well using it for about one month or so. Also new on using Linux.

When I restart the server two of my plugins dont start. Get an error "lms.pid not started for some reason"and "transmission.pid not started for some reason". Before the restart of server everything worked fine, both Logitech and Transmission worked (as far as I could see). Only problem I had was security settings on the downloaded files with Transmission, so I edited settings.json and restarted server and got this problem, anything that could be related?

After restart I get the errors as above and also if I try to start the plugins under settings. For example CouchPotato, Sick Beard, SAB and MySQL works fine after restart.

What could be the problem?

Log.txt

you are using /mnt/cache/_transmission as your data dir. did you set that share, so it would not be moved to the array?

otherwise that folder is moved to your array and transmission can't find the config files... that's the reason, the app won't start.

i'd recommend, to create a share called "apps" and set it to cache only. then create a folder inside for each of your apps and use that as datadir.

otherwise you could use /mnt/cache/.transmission as data dir. folders starting with a dot won't be moved to the array, too.

I had those shares set as cache only and also installed an "unraid-mover-exclude-underscore". But installed as you said instead with /mnt/cache/apps/lms got same problem.

Works as long as I dont reboot. When I reboot it says "lms.pid not started for some reason" and im not able to start it from webpage either.

Edit: Think I solved it. Checked the permissions under /mnt/cache/apps and lms didnt seem to have right permissions. Did a "chmod 770 -R /mnt/cache/apps" and so far its working.

I had those shares set as cache only and also installed an "unraid-mover-exclude-underscore". But installed as you said instead with /mnt/cache/apps/lms got same problem.

Works as long as I dont reboot. When I reboot it says "lms.pid not started for some reason" and im not able to start it from webpage either.

Edit: Think I solved it. Checked the permissions under /mnt/cache/apps and lms didnt seem to have right permissions. Did a "chmod 770 -R /mnt/cache/apps" and so far its working.

The "exclude underscore" package will only work on older versions of unRAID. It has absolutely no affect on the newer 5.0 releases. (does no harm, just has no effect)  New versions of unRAID have a native feature to mark a directory on the cache as "cache only"