WD Red and Green 5 TB by end of 2013

Influencer

This will play out the way all drive introductions have.

2tb drives are being offloaded right now to make way for 3tb drives to be the new low end (late winter.) This is because 4tb drives are coming online in volume (prices are currently dropping below $200). Expect 4tb drive to be commonly $180-150 by late summer/early fall, with the 5tb drive coming out at $300ish.

A good question is, will we see 4tb drives for $120 next xmas?

Just makes me nervous knowing you could loose so much data so fast with a single drive.

Yes I was thinking the same thing. Sadly no one thinks to make backups until they've had a drive die on them taking the data with them. I think I started doing backups back in the day when my 40mb drive died. Backups were on 5 1/4' floppies, a whole 360k on each I think. These days I think it would be worth the cost to make a backup, no excuse not to.

Just makes me nervous knowing you could loose so much data so fast with a single drive.

True, but 4 tb isn't all that much anymore compared to even 10 years ago. I remember my extra large 6 gb harddrive, I played hell trying to fill that thing up. Now I could fill it in under 10 minutes.

Still wouldnt be fun though!