Usenet vs. bittorrent

bonzi

A lot of people around here seem to prefer usenet over bittorrent. To be honest, I have always used bittorrent/flexget to get the tv shows I want and it has worked out pretty well for me. I live in Canada but will be moving to the US soon. Anyone care to discuss the pros and cons of bittorrent vs usenet?

Keep in mind that a bunch of the indexers are going down like sinking ships...

I'm waiting a few weeks and seeing what rises from the ashes, but in the meantime SickBeard is basically kaput.

I haven't had any problems with Sickbeard.  It is still working as it is supposed to. I did have trouble with some shows, but those were due to DMCA takedowns.  And if you search hard for them, you might find some headers floating around out there.

I haven't had any problems with Sickbeard.  It is still working as it is supposed to. I did have trouble with some shows, but those were due to DMCA takedowns.  And if you search hard for them, you might find some headers floating around out there.

Hmm, I don't want to do any manual searching though. With bittorrent, flexget, and tvnamer I can automate searching for tv shows, downloading them, and renaming and organizing. From what I understand Sickbeard is even better at this...what are your experiences?

Keep in mind that a bunch of the indexers are going down like sinking ships...

I'm waiting a few weeks and seeing what rises from the ashes, but in the meantime SickBeard is basically kaput.

Sickbeard is not kaput

It works just fine even without the external indexers because it has its own indexer

just select sickbeard indexer in the settings and you're good to go. It will work for all new material.

For backlog, you need an external indexer, for which there a bunch out there, none I found as good as nzbmatrix, but they will get better

Sickbeard is not kaput

It works just fine even without the external indexers because it has its own indexer

just select sickbeard indexer in the settings and you're good to go. It will work for all new material.

For backlog, you need an external indexer, for which there a bunch out there, none I found as good as nzbmatrix, but they will get better

Ah thanks, didn't realize that you could use an internal indexer. Sweet.