building my first system

I have been trying to sort my storage problems out for a while and the issue was pushed as a result of a portable drive failing and a friend recommended unraid.  After a week of playing and getting my head around everything I am at the point where I am ready to start the build:

I have a HPN40L server which out the box can hold 4 drives and 6  with a little work and the following drives

3 x Seagate ST3400620AS 400GB (I known their history but used)

1 x Seagate ST2000DM001 2TB (brand new)

1 x WD  WD20EARX 2TB (brand new)

1 x Seagate ST1500DL003 1.5TV (brand new)

1 X WD  WDC_WD10EFRX 1TB (brand new)

1 x Seagate st320318as 250gb (brand new came with server)

My storage needs are not huge at the moment so was thinking of just starting out with the free version, using 2 x 2tb (1 as parity) and the 1.5tb giving me 3.5tb of storage.

I have several questions:

1. Is there anything special I should know about any of these types of drives?

2. Has anyone had any experience of the HP N40L's with unraid it seems really stable.

3. Would there be any advantage in building the array larger right from the start? rather than expanding it later? (I know I would need to buy a lic)

4. I know v5 is a RC version but is is stable enough to go live with or should I stick with 4.7?

Thanks in advance

Thanks neilt0, I will re-read your thread.  I like your cache drive location might just have a spare 2.5" drive knocking about it will mean buying a lic...which is stating to seem inevitable.

If you want to run apps, it makes sense. You can mount an "apps-only" drive without making it a cache drive, if you want, but I ended up getting two Pro licenses to avoid any limitations.

I suggest skimming through the whole thread as there's lots of useful info in there from various people.

My server now has an X-Swing and a PCI-E HBA card with 2x2.5" drives attached, so I'm running 8 drives.