stream music to Android or Apple device

rutherford

i use 2 players on android

1 Plex... mostly for movies and tv series and because it scrobbles to Trakt

2. when i am in a hurry and want to play something music most of the time ... or when plex is not available because i am messing with it ... :P

then i use ES File explorer... it has the ES player build in .. which streams straight from your unraid server

• 2 weeks later...

I installed the Subsonic app that JANGJONG mentioned above.

It works both locally and remotely through the internet.

Most of my music collection is also FLAC (really large music files). Subsonic recodes all of it to an appropriate mp3 format before streaming it to my device via ethernet or wifi and internet.

I've been able to listen to my flacs at home through my Android's 3G data connection in the car - very cool.

It's a snappy program, and works great.

Started using Archos Video Player a few days ago on Android, can handle SMB and UPnP shares

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.archos.mediacenter.video&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5hcmNob3MubWVkaWFjZW50ZXIudmlkZW8iXQ..

Works a bit like XBMC where you can set up libraries for movies and TV Show and it will download artwork for each show

Some problems with TV Shows though, it doesn't support nfo files or recognise folder names for TV Shows, so if your episode name doesn't include the show name it won't get indexed properley.

You'll also need to download another codec app, if you have any DTS files

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.m4rk3t.libcopy2&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5tNHJrM3QubGliY29weTIiXQ..

Apart from the problems with TV Shows it does work pretty good. Developer is aware of issues with TV Shows so hopefully will be sorted in future releases.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been using jrmc17 with Gizmo as well. Have you been able to listen to your library when you are not connected to your LAN?

I've been trying to figure out how to configure port forwarding to enable this, but still don't know what I am doing.

If you have this working, I'd appreciate any advice.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2