(Solved) Need some advice. I ran out of ideas...

Until recently, I have to say years, my server was going into Sleep Mode with no issues at all. The script I was using had been working with no changes ever since early Beta versions of 5.0. It just so happened that a 2 or 3 weeks back, power went out and my UPS could not hold it. I guess the battery was just about to give up... Now it is replaced...

Well, lo and behold, after bringing the system back online, I had a bad parity disk. I replaced the drive immediately with a new 3TB 7200RPM Seagate unit I found on sale. Parity was back but now the server will not go into sleep.

I have checked the log and they do spin down precisely as scheduled. I read the log and see no errors. I checked the BIOS and found that the BIOS clock was off for about 3 hours... don't know if that would make a difference but I corrected the issue and changed the CMOS battery.

Still no resolve. I tried version 5.0 RC8a, RC6a, RC5 and so on.... no resolve...

Any ideas will be welcomed... Again, the log is clean with no issues...

BH

• 4 weeks later...