Bug: cookies cause webgui to crash (connection reset, error 101)

i found a bug in the unraid webgui.

if there are several cookies with a lot of data for the unraid ip, the unraid webgui no longer works. the connection gets a reset with error 101

granted, with the normal usage of unraid, this would not be a problem. but if a user uses some plugins and those installed apps set several cookies, this will become a problem.

to test this bug, i simply set two cookies via javascript:

<script>
   function setCookie(c_name,value,exdays)
   {
   var exdate=new Date();
   exdate.setDate(exdate.getDate() + exdays);
   var c_value=escape(value) + ((exdays==null) ? "" : "; expires="+exdate.toUTCString());
   document.cookie=c_name + "=" + c_value;
   }

setCookie("testCookie","Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Mauris auctor magna non urna pulvinar egestas. Vivamus sodales posuere ultrices. Vivamus a nisl orci. Aenean molestie, risus ut placerat pharetra, odio risus bibendum metus, eget condimentum ligula metus id nisi. Phasellus eget vehicula diam. Proin sit amet est libero. Cum sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Ut pulvinar iaculis eros non porttitor.",1);
   setCookie("testCookie2","Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Mauris auctor magna non urna pulvinar egestas. Vivamus sodales posuere ultrices. Vivamus a nisl orci. Aenean molestie, risus ut placerat pharetra, odio risus bibendum metus, eget condimentum ligula metus id nisi. Phasellus eget vehicula diam. Proin sit amet est libero. Cum sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Ut pulvinar iaculis eros non porttitor.",1);
   </script>

I added those lines to the welcome.php file. after going to the welcome page, the webgui stops working. only deleting the cookies will revive the webgui.

currently i know of two apps, that several users want to install, which set cookies with a lot of data: headphones and lazylibrarian.

Note: currently i have simple features installed. i will test the same thing tomorrow without any other plugin installed, but i don't really think, that this is caused by simplefeatures.

• 3 months later...

Has anyone else has this issue. I am having this issue on 2 boxes. One on RC12a and the other RC10. Both run Plex, Sabnzb, Sickbeard, and Couchpotato. I find if I clear the app data/cookies in Chrome everything is back up and running. Annoying but manageable at the moment.

well, i dont have this prob. on the other hand, i dont have sh*tloads of apps running on my unraid server! for me4 it is the 'master' storage unit. means everything else (nearly) is running on another pc. the unraid server is really just a storage unit, with the exception of subsonic to allow for some fast and easy access to my media files.

i would think, feel free to correct me there - as you load more bs on it and more plugins for crap - you might get some functionality of it, but at the same time you make it more vulnerable and in-stable.

i like to have a stable running 'nas' end of the day. all the other crap has in my eyes nothing to do on a rocksolid storage/ backup unit. you do that on another pc and shuffle it over to your unraid machine.

you take the approach to the do-it-all-unraid, you are asking for this probs... actually may learn by a complete (i know that's hard to get) data loss.

anyway, no feelings from my end. as said before, it is my 'safe-keep' for my mediafiles... not the do-it-all machine.

L

Archived