[Solved] First Build ..Corrupt files after copy

Hello Unraid Community

This is my First Unraid Server and everything was going good until the transfer of files..

I am transferring on my Network. Never had Corrupt files before with any of the hardware. I can transfer to my HTPC fine but to unraid server i am getting corrupt data. I have tried Teracopy and Check-sum fails after verifying files.

Unraid Server

Asus A8N-E Deluxe

AMD 64x2 3800+

4GB Ram (2 *1G

2*WDRED 3TB 1 WD Green(only using 1 WDRED till i figure this out.)

Mixed reviews about Nvidea Nic and Chip set on MB. I am going to try the other NIC on board and see what happens(Marvel Lan).  Linksys Wt54g w/DDWrt...I know upgrading soon..Did a mem test and all is good. The disk I am using has been precleared with no errors. I am new so sorry if I missed anything..

Also a little of topic but I am wondering how to have a password on the workgroup. Seems like everybody can connect to the unraid server without permission or user. Again I"m a newbie so my terminology might be out of wack.. I thought making users with read/write access would then ask for password on Windows machines. Is this a Pro Feature?

Switched NICs and going to try copy again. if that fails Will take my Linksys WT54G w/DDW-rt Router and use a TP-Link Gigabit Switch.. all CAT5/6

First Time on network having problems copying files.. ..  Also only getting 10MB/s on Copy Is That Normal?.. Linksys is not Gigabit ..

In Syslog noticing a lot of plugins not installing also.

Thanks dalben.. I zipped up..

changed Sata cables and used the Nvidea Nic on MB. Sent 350GB with TeraCopy and all info copied good. Thanks for this Forum and everybody that helps out..

Unraidsyslog.zip

10MByte/s is good for a 100Mbit/s LAN. CAT-5 will not work at gigabit speeds. CAT-5 will only allow 100Mb/s connections. Use CAT-5e or CAT-6

dgaschk Thanks for the info.. Checked all my cables.. All are cat6 except for the Unraid server.. that's Cat 5 :-[..

I also Replaced my SATA Cables to 26AWG.. Was 30AWG..

So Now I am trying to Copy 350GB to the Unraid server with TeraCopy. 

I am also hooked up to the Other NIC on my MB. Hopefully all goes well if not I will post my new Syslog and go from there..

whoever checks my Old syslog FYI had a broken pin on CPU.. Thinking it was a grounding pin so not worried about it. but don't know what the syslog is telling me and I can see some errors..

10MByte/s is good for a 100Mbit/s LAN. CAT-5 will not work at gigabit speeds. CAT-5 will only allow 100Mb/s connections. Use CAT-5e or CAT-6

dgaschk Thanks for the info.. Checked all my cables.. All are cat6 except for the Unraid server.. that's Cat 5 :-[..

I also Replaced my SATA Cables to 26AWG.. Was 30AWG..

So Now I am trying to Copy 350GB to the Unraid server with TeraCopy. 

I am also hooked up to the Other NIC on my MB. Hopefully all goes well if not I will post my new Syslog and go from there..

whoever checks my Old syslog FYI had a broken pin on CPU.. Thinking it was a grounding pin so not worried about it. but don't know what the syslog is telling me and I can see some errors..

Since I Switched my NIC and SATA cables everything is copying good. I also added a Gigabit Switch and now files are flying on the network.. 8)..All my cables are cat 6 except for the unraid server which is cat5 but I'm still seeing good speeds.. Average 60-85MB/s.. Now if I had Cat5e or 6 on the unraid server I guess it would be more consistent because I do see it go up and down in speed, But not low enough to make me run a New line from the Second floor to the basement...

Again thanks to all

Archived