VirtualBox compiled for unRAID

Version 4.3 of Virtualbox is up for unRAID 5.0 i386. I am getting pulled away from the computer & have not started creating a package for unRAID 4.7. Anyone still want me to do so?

I've not gotten a chance to test this version, but saw no errors / was a normal compile.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Version 4.3 of Virtualbox is up for unRAID 5.0 i386. I am getting pulled away from the computer & have not started creating a package for unRAID 4.7. Anyone still want me to do so?

There may still be a few around with perfectly running 4.7 systems that could use it, but I'll be honest, unless I have issues, I probably won't bother upgrading for a while (weeks or months), so don't bother on my account.

Yes, I have done that, restart webserver, re install virtualbox. maybe need to reboot ?

below is a log from web server

/usr/bin/tail -n 1000 -f /var/log/lighttpd/php.errors.log
[16-Sep-2013 14:20:55 UTC] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php/extensions/curl.so' - libcurl.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
[16-Sep-2013 14:20:56 UTC] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php/extensions/curl.so' - libcurl.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
[16-Sep-2013 14:21:01 UTC] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php/extensions/curl.so' - libcurl.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
[16-Sep-2013 14:21:25 UTC] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php/extensions/curl.so' - libcurl.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
[16-Sep-2013 14:21:30 UTC] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php/extensions/curl.so' - libcurl.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
[16-Sep-2013 14:21:33 UTC] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php/extensions/curl.so' - libcurl.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
[16-Sep-2013 14:21:33 UTC] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php/extensions/curl.so' - libcurl.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

from php.ini

; These are the extensions that are available for use on this PHP build.
; If you do NOT need any of these extensions, you should comment them out.
; That will probably increase both your security and performance.

extension=bcmath.so
extension=bz2.so
;extension=calendar.so
extension=ctype.so
extension=curl.so
extension=dba.so
;extension=enchant.so
;extension=exif.so
;extension=ftp.so
extension=gd.so
;extension=gettext.so
;extension=gmp.so
extension=iconv.so
extension=ldap.so
extension=mbstring.so
extension=mysql.so
extension=mysqli.so
extension=openssl.so
extension=pdo.so
extension=pdo_mysql.so
extension=pdo_sqlite.so
;extension=pspell.so
extension=shmop.so
;extension=snmp.so
extension=soap.so
extension=sqlite.so
extension=sqlite3.so
;extension=tokenizer.so
;extension=wddx.so
;extension=xsl.so
extension=zip.so
extension=zlib.so

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a way to install a web server that is not the simplefeatures one? as soon as I install that one everything breaks and I need to reboot

(of course this is becasue I'm on rc2 of simplefeatures)

Is there a way to install a web server with PHP that isn't the simplefeatures one? I tried lighttpd but could not get fastcgi working. webserver runs fine but that's it.

anyone>???

Is there a way to install a web server that is not the simplefeatures one? as soon as I install that one everything breaks and I need to reboot

Is there a way to install a web server with PHP that isn't the simplefeatures one? I tried lighttpd but could not get fastcgi working. webserver runs fine but that's it.

anyone>???

I've been using the command line in VirtualBox just for this reason.  Didn't feel I would be able to get a webserver running on unRAID and didn't want to use SimpleFeatures just to get it.  It's really not that hard once you get use to it.  I could up upload some examples if you want.

You could install a webserver on another PC (windows) and use that to access phpvirtualbox.

That's what I heard but I wasn't able to get it to work.  I will have to try again because it was probably my choice of webservers.  I don't even remember what it was since it was quite a while ago that I tried. Might try setting up a Linux VM with a webserver and use that as well.

anyone>???

I've been using the command line in VirtualBox just for this reason.  Didn't feel I would be able to get a webserver running on unRAID and didn't want to use SimpleFeatures just to get it.  It's really not that hard once you get use to it.  I could up upload some examples if you want.

I appreciate it. I eventually figure out I could still run it via CLI

at any rate, thanks for the help I got it all setup! Now i'm gonna try to run phpvirtualbox in one of my VMs, just to make it a little easier to work with

thansk guys

I'm still taking a beating here. but at any rate, what user do you guys create the VMs when under CLI?

I've been doing mine as root - what I login under.  Then after it launches and creates the directories for logs and snapshots I run new permissions on the cache drive/apps drive.  I can then browse the files and directories that it creates across the network.  I put my CLI scripts on the flash drive.  When I get a chance to really look at it I will switch to nobody.  Otherwise I have no users defined in unRAID.  I use the VirtualBox plugin to start and stop my VMs.  I only use the CLI when I would have to use phpVirtualBox to create and configure them.

thank you sir.

Would you mind posting a screenshot of your virtualbox settings page? (the one under plugins)

I'm trying to figure some things out.

I will do that after work tonight.  Might be late however.  I believe I left everything default on that page except for:  All yes/no's are YES but autostart I have set to none.  I might have changed the IP as well but I don't think that was necessary so if I did I may set it back to the default 127.0.0.1. 

One thing I did do outside the plugin was to change the default directory for VMs by using a vboxmanage setproperty command:

"vboxmanage setproperty machinefolder <path of default VM folder>"

Edit added configuration graphic for my setup.  Edit 2 see later post for VM list with "vboxmanage list --long vms" command.

VirtualBoxPluginConfiguration.png.dbee2a7ea7e601b1f615d79db0ec6b05.png

I upgraded to the latest version. I also upgraded phpvirualbox and now the web page for phpvirual box will not start.

It has a spinning circle in the middle saying loading.

I made 2 changes in the config file. no authenication and the ip address of server.

Is there anything else that needs to be changed when upgrading?