Is it common for the web interface to be unresponsive during data rebuild?

I had a drive die last week, I replaced it Monday, and the preclear finished last night. Last night I put it in the raid, clicked data rebuild, and went to bed. This morning I've been trying to get into the web interface, or telnet, but neither will respond. I did notice on my way out of the house this morning that from physically looking at the server, all the drives are spun up, and the new drive's activity light is blazing....

Should I be concerned yet?

I could be wrong since I never did thing on v5 but on v4.7 I was able to access the web interface at all times during rebuild and it took mine about 5-6 hours for a 2TB drive so I would be inclined to suspect something is wrong at this stage. Can you connect a monitor and see if you can access the console?

Recently I had a WD 2.5TB drive showing increasing errors. I replaced it with a new larger Seagate 3TB drive I purchased around black Friday at a decent price. During the rebuild I was able to view the progress through the SimpleFeature web page as well as through unmenu. Also had full access to the server through ssh & telnet. Took around 9 hours for my rebuild. Up-to-date system specs in signature.

When I started rebuilding, I had all my addons not running... but as they all run on my cache drive & all my shares use the cache drive first, I started all of the addons after about half an hour. Checked several times to make sure the rebuild would finish before the mover was scheduled to run (which it did with several hours to spare).

I was able to use my server normally during my rebuild (addons blazing & watching media from the server). Sounds like something is wrong if you can't even ping your server.  :o Let us know what you find when you can hook a monitor & keyboard directly to it.

Well, I got home and the monitor wouldn't come on at all.  I listened closely, but from what I could tell, even though the activity light was light, there was no hdd activity at all on the new drive. I crossed my fingers and held my breath, and hit reset.

She came back up just fine, as though I had just added the new drive back. I told her to do a data rebuild again, and so far so good.

I did check the syslog, but it was completely empty of anything except the current booting up. Not sure what happened, but hopefully it was a fluke.