unraid_notify 2.55 [01-01-2010]: Email notifications for unRAID status

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I have followed the directions in the first post and it will not start for me. Says command not found. I put the tgz and the gz file im my packages folder. I modified my go file to this ....

#!/bin/bash

# Start the Management Utility

/usr/local/sbin/emhttp &

cd /boot/packages && find . -name '*.auto_install' -type f -print | sort | xargs -n1 sh -c

/boot/unmenu/uu

installpkg /boot/packages/socat-1.7.0.0-i486-2bj.tgz

installpkg /boot/packages/unraid_notify-2.54-noarch-unRAID.tgz

unraid_notify start

I think it might have something to do with my go file but am not sure?

I have followed the directions in the first post and it will not start for me. Says command not found. I put the tgz and the gz file im my packages folder. I modified my go file to this ....

#!/bin/bash

/usr/local/sbin/emhttp &

cd /boot/packages && find . -name '*.auto_install' -type f -print | sort | xargs -n1 sh -c

/boot/unmenu/uu

unraid_notify start

I think it might have something to do with my go file but am not sure?

If I remember correctly there is a slight problem with starting unmenu via the go script and then it taking over the console (or something to that effect) so that nothing else after it gets run.  I am fairly sure I have the wording wrong but the gist is there.  Make your go script look like this:

#!/bin/bash
/usr/local/sbin/emhttp &
echo "/boot/unmenu/uu" | at now + 1 minute
sleep 5
sleep 5
unraid_notify start

The sleep commands might not be 100% needed but they won't really hurt anything.  The echo "boot/unmenu/uu" | at now + 1 minute part will start unmenu 1 minute after that line is run.  That should be more than enough time for the rest of the lines to run and get started.

where to go from here

root@Tower:~# unraid_notify -d -e -f

>

< 220 mx.google.com ESMTP 33sm7778411vws.13

> EHLO Tower

< 250 PIPELINING

> AUTH LOGIN

< 530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first. 33sm7778411vws.13

530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first. 33sm7778411vws.13

root@Tower:~# installpkg /boot/package/socat-1.7.0.0-i486-2bj.gz

Cannot install /boot/package/socat-1.7.0.0-i486-2bj.gz:  file does not end in .tgz, .tbz, .tlz, or .txz

root@Tower:~#

You should probably change your smtp server to "smtp.gmail.com", but I just tested pop.gmail.com, and it appeared to work.

Just downloaded the linked socat package again, and it keeps tgz intact for me.  What are you using to download it?  I would grab it again, in case something is not right with the package.

Interesting.  In Firefox, I get .tgz, in IE, I get .gz.   Not sure what's happening there, but both files appear to be the same (same file size), sans the name.

Either way, you should be able to pull it directly to your unraid server with:

wget -P /boot/package http://repository.slacky.eu/slackware-12.1/utilities/socat/1.7.0.0/socat-1.7.0.0-i486-2bj.tgz

If you can, remove the entries from your go file, restart your unraid server and try installing socat/unarid again from telnet.