Cache Drive - All folders are being moved

Hello,

I have just installed a cache drive and all files are being moved. I have a folder called .apps which contains folders for sickbeard and sab. However it is being moved, it is located here:

/mnt/cache/.apps

On the unraid website it says the following:

The mover will not move any top-level directories which begin with a '.' character. Such directories will not exist in normal use, but an advanced user may use this knowledge to create directories which won't get moved.

http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php/Cache_disk#The_Mover

How can i stop the .apps folder from being moved?

I cannot explain it...

BUT... at this point in time you should also see .APPS as a share in your webconsole, go to share settings and set it to "cache only". Then go back to telnet and copy everything that went into the array back to the directory on the cache drive. You should be ok then.

Actually the easiest thing this could be is manual error from your side... But do not worry about it... set it to cache-only and you will be fixed.

Also: change to the latest version... RC10 is latest and greatest.

Are these the steps:

[*]Prepare the flash: either shutdown your server and plug the flash into your PC or Stop the array and perform the following actions referencing the flash share on your network:

[*]Copy the files bzimage and bzroot from the zip file to the root of your flash device, overwriting the same-named files already there.

Reboot your server. Once boot-up has completed, you should see "Stopped. Configuration valid." array status with all disks assigned correctly.

[*]Click on each disk link on the Main page and examine the Partition format field. If you see "MBR: error", or "MBR: unknown" for any disk, do not Start the array; instead post your finding in the Forum announcement thread for this release. If everything looks ok, click Start to bring the array on-line.

[*]Go to Utils/New Permissions and execute that utility to change file ownership and permission settings. This is necessary for proper operation of the 5.0 security model.

It's easy to explain what you're seeing. You're looking in the wrong spot. /mnt/user is a combination of the data on all the disks including the data on the cache disk. Your screen shot doesn't show anything unexpected.

Look at /mnt/user0 or the individual disks eg /mnt/disk1 if you want to see what's only on the protected array and not the cache only stuff.