What do you want in a custom unRAID package (BubbaRaid)

I'll bump this question...  Anyone else having the situation where slimserver won't start when it is set to start 'automatically' in the bubbaraid config screen?  I can go to the slimserver page and start it manually without any problems, but for some reason it just won't start when the server is restarted.  Any ideas anyone?

Thanks,

Chris

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone have a good solution for changing the permissions of files that I add to my music collection?  As has been mentioned previously, adding them through samba sets permissions to 711, which will prevent slimserver from scanning/adding them to the library?  Would you set up a script to run on a schedule (cron?) that would run a few minutes before a scheduled slimserver rescan?

So, when I set Slimserver to 'autostart', I check the flash drive and I can see that a 'slimserver.autostart.bubba' file gets created (it is zero bytes, but I assume that the existence of the file is what counts) in the 'bubba' directory.  There is a file in that directory named 'slimstart.sh'.  When I reboot, Slimserver is not restarted.  But, I can open a telnet session and run that file (slimstart.sh) and Slimserver starts up.  So, it seems that bubbaraid doesn't realize that it is supposed to run that file on startup.  Any way to debug why this is happening?

Thanks,

Chris

Here is your script:

It does not, for safety reasons, delete the rars, since I never delete until I have actually viewed/listened to the resulting content to assure it is valid.  You can add a rar delete easily if yuo want.

#!/bin/sh 
#
# NZBGet post-process script
# Script will unrar downloaded rar files, join ts-files and rename img-files to iso.
#
# Copyright (C) 2008 Peter Roubos <[email protected]>
# Copyright (C) 2008 Otmar Werner
# Copyright (C) 2008 Andrei Prygounkov <[email protected]>
#
# This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
# it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
# the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
# (at your option) any later version.
# 
# This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
# but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
# MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the
# GNU General Public License for more details.
# 
# You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
# along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
# Foundation, Inc., 675 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA.
#
#

#######################    Settings section     #######################

# Set the full path to unrar if it is not in your PATH
UnrarCmd=unrar

# Delete rar-files after unpacking (1, 0)
DeleteRarFiles=0

# Joint TS-files (1, 0)
JoinTS=0

# Rename img-files to iso (1, 0)
RenameIMG=0

####################### End of settings section #######################

# Parameters passed to script by nzbget:
#  1 - path to destination dir, where downloaded files are located; 
#  2 - name of nzb-file processed; 
#  3 - name of par-file processed (if par-checked) or empty string (if not); 
#  4 - result of par-check: 
#      0 - not checked: par-check disabled or nzb-file does not contain any 
#          par-files; 
#      1 - checked and failed to repair; 
#      2 - checked and sucessfully repaired; 
#      3 - checked and can be repaired but repair is disabled; 
#  5 - state of nzb-job: 
#      0 - there are more collections in this nzb-file queued; 
#      1 - this was the last collection in nzb-file; 
#  6 - indication of failed par-jobs for current nzb-file: 
#      0 - no failed par-jobs; 
#      1 - current par-job or any of the previous par-jobs for the 
#          same nzb-files failed; 

DownloadDir="$1"   
NzbFile="$2" 
ParCheck=$4 
NzbState=$5  
ParFail=$6 

# Check if all is downloaded and repaired
if [ "$#" -lt 6 ] 
then
echo "*** NZBGet post-process script ***"
echo "This script is supposed to be called from nzbget."
exit
fi 

echo "[iNFO] Unpack: Post-process script successfully started"

# Check if all is downloaded and repaired
if [ ! "$NzbState" -eq 1 ] 
then
echo "[iNFO] Unpack: Not the last collection in nzb-file, exiting"
exit
fi 
if [ ! "$ParCheck" -eq 2 ] 
then
echo "[WARNING] Unpack: Par-check failed or disabled, exiting"
exit
fi 
if [ ! "$ParFail" -eq 0 ] 
then
echo "[WARNING] Unpack: Previous par-check failed, exiting"
exit
fi 

# All OK, processing the files
cd "$DownloadDir" 

# Make a temporary directory to store the unrarred files
mkdir extracted

# Remove the Par files
echo "[iNFO] Unpack: Deleting par2-files"
rm *.[pP][aA][rR]2 

# Unrar the files (if any) to the temporary directory, if there are no rar files this will do nothing
if (ls *.rar >/dev/null)
then
    echo "[iNFO] Unpack: Unraring"
$UnrarCmd x -y -p- -o+ "*.rar"  ./extracted/ 
fi

if [ $JoinTS -eq 1 ]
then
# Join any split .ts files if they are named xxxx.0000.ts xxxx.0001.ts
# They will be joined together to a file called xxxx.0001.ts
if (ls *.ts >/dev/null)
then
    echo "[iNFO] Unpack: Joining ts-files"
	tsname=`find . -name "*0001.ts" |awk -F/ '{print $NF}'`
	cat *0???.ts > ./extracted/$tsname
fi   

# Remove all the split .ts files
    echo "[iNFO] Unpack: Deleting source ts-files"
rm *0???.ts
fi

# Remove the rar files
if [ $DeleteRarFiles -eq 1 ]
then  
    echo "[iNFO] Unpack: Deleting rar-files"
rm *.r[0-9][0-9]
rm *.rar
rm *.s[0-9][0-9] 
fi

# Go to the temp directory and try to unrar again.  
# If there are any rars inside the extracted rars then these will no also be unrarred
cd extracted
if (ls *.rar >/dev/null)
then
    echo "[iNFO] Unpack: Calling unrar (second pass)"
$UnrarCmd x -y -p- -o+ "*.rar"

# Delete the Rar files
if [ $DeleteRarFiles -eq 1 ]
then  
    echo "[iNFO] Unpack: Deleting rar-files (second pass)"
	rm *.r[0-9][0-9]
	rm *.rar
	rm *.s[0-9][0-9] 
fi
fi

# Move everything back to the Download folder
mv * ..
cd ..

# Clean up the temp folder
echo "[iNFO] Unpack: Cleaning up"
rmdir extracted
chmod -R a+rw . 
rm *.nzb
rm *.1
rm .sfv
rm _brokenlog.txt

if [ $RenameIMG -eq 1 ]
then
# Rename img file to iso
# It will be renamed to .img.iso so you can see that it has been renamed
if (ls *.img >/dev/null)
then
    echo "[iNFO] Unpack: Renaming img-files to iso"
	imgname=`find . -name "*.img" |awk -F/ '{print $NF}'`
	mv $imgname $imgname.iso
fi   
fi

Been having some issues with rtorrent lately.  It just seems to randomly shutdown.  I have no idea why but if you (bubbaQ) have any ideas on how I might be able to track why this is happening that would be great.  I can usually figure out a general time as I get u-notify emails every hour and they tell me if a disk is spun down or not.  If one is then I know rtorrent has shut itself down and stopped using the disk.

This problem just recently started after I had to reboot the server after doing some cable reorganization and moving around of drives.

NZBget is a great lean downloader, but I miss an automatic unpacking feature.

If anyone has a solution, I would really appreciate a describtion :-)

/Rene

sabnzb! it even has rss feeds. There is a thread about someone building it.

I will be attempting it soon. Running it on Xp right now.

Help!  All my user shares are gone, what happened?  I installed BubbaRAID successfully (I think), the server boots into BubbaRAID and eventually says 'BubbaRAID is ready' above the tower login screen.  I was able to boot into BubbaRAID several times and all my user shares were there as normal.  Yesterday I booted up the server and its all gone!  Now, when I look at the tower through the network from a different computer, all I see is 'flash' and 'printers', all my user shares are gone.  Plus the flash drive only contains the following folders:

bubba

config

smarthistory

whereas I know it used to contain a bunch of files in the root directory.  Plus, all but the Bubba folder are empty!  My first instinct is to wipe the flash clean and reinstall unRAID, but I wanted to make sure that's the right thing to do. 

(I also posted this same message in another thread, here.)

Help!  All my user shares are gone, what happened?  I installed BubbaRAID successfully (I think), the server boots into BubbaRAID and eventually says 'BubbaRAID is ready' above the tower login screen.  I was able to boot into BubbaRAID several times and all my user shares were there as normal.  Yesterday I booted up the server and its all gone!  Now, when I look at the tower through the network from a different computer, all I see is 'flash' and 'printers', all my user shares are gone.   Plus the flash drive only contains the following folders:

bubba

config

smarthistory

whereas I know it used to contain a bunch of files in the root directory.  Plus, all but the Bubba folder are empty!  My first instinct is to wipe the flash clean and reinstall unRAID, but I wanted to make sure that's the right thing to do. 

(I also posted this same message in another thread, here.)

Try booting normal unraid and see if the user shares are there.  Also try a different USB port.  The fact that you do not see some of the files that should be on the flash is kinda disturbing but hopefully we can get it fixed without having to redo the flash.

If you are running the Pro version then PLEASE pull the entire config folder folder off the USB drive as that will contain the Pro license.  Also, make a note of were your drives are (print the page if need be) and make sure that you get the parity one back in the correct spot if the USB drive needs redone.

No one has responded to my post on the BubbaRAID thread, can anyone else lend some advice?  I'm thinking about PMing BubbaQ directly.  It really isn't fun being locked out of all my data.

This is the thread for BubbaRAID support, not the Torrent and XBOX360 thread.

Your rather strong statement about "being locked out" seems inappropriate for an unRAID user, as the only way I can think of that an unRAID user could be locked out of ANY data is if a hard drive refuses to spin up at all, AND parity was not enabled or a second drive failed.  Your data is still fine, is all partially accessible now, and with a few configuration corrections will be fully accessible.

There are probably posts in this thread about how to revert to stock unRAID, but you can always restore it by re-copying the stock syslinux.cfg and go files, possibly the other files from the config folder if missing (preferably from a backup), re-assigning your drives and settings, and if necessary, using the Trust My Array procedure.

BubbaRAID does require some experience and self-support.  I suspect BubbaQ may wish to revise this.

Thanks for the responses, guys.  I tried a different USB port, no change.  I pulled the flash drive out of the server and plugged it into my desktop and saw that all the files were still there, so that's a relief.  They just don't show up through BubbaRAID.  I backed up my 'configs' folder onto my desktop (I am running the Pro version), so that's safe.  I'm not sure I know what you mean by 'make sure you know where your drives are', do you mean the physical configuration in the server?  My parity drive is my only 1 TB drive, so it's easy to distinguish from the data drives. 

OK, good news, it looks like booting back into unRAID (not BubbaRAID) worked.  I had tried it before, but I was doing it wrong (trying to use tab to go between the options instead of the arrow keys, whereas all tab seems to do is delay the boot for 10 seconds).  I just had to go to the tower management page and start the array.  It automatically jumped into a parity sync, so I'm going to let that finish.  I can see all my user shares and all my files again, so that's a big relief.

For future reference, do you guys keep a backup of just the configs folder off the flash drive, or do you back up the entire flash drive's contents?

For future reference, do you guys keep a backup of just the configs folder off the flash drive, or do you back up the entire flash drive's contents?

Glad to here that you got the user shares back.  Most people that are using unRAID only need to back up there config folder as that is the one that contains all the information about the array and the Pro key and stuff.

I usually do a .zip of the entire flash drive as I also have BubbaRaid running along with the Third party Boot Flash Plugin Architecture.  I have one line in my go file that runs some other files I have in place to set block_dev and the like.  I usually zip the flash drive after I make a change to something and keep the latest 2 copies.

Still working on iron out a few personalizations but I'm very please. thanx bubbaQ.. I also have a NMT and bubbaRaid has allowed me to move most of my PC functions over to my unRaid server.

I'm not sure if this is possbile but what would it take to get YAMJ to run entirely under bubbaRaid?

Lighttp took care of the steaming portion but I still need a PC to update the web pages. I played with Llink as well but it's just not the same. YAMJ's boxset feature rocks.

http://code.google.com/p/moviejukebox/

If a JRE can be installed all the other YAMJ/Mediainfo files can be copied over.

Cheers, db

**** NEWB ALERT ****  I'm brand new to the unRaid community and have been enjoying my system from Tom for about a month now.  I'm a big Squeezecenter user (5 zones, 2 DUET controllers), so the Slimserver packaging in bubbaRaid was compelling (plus with beer in hand and living in TX, the bubba aspect was appealling too).  Thanks to foo fighter for the hints about the CHMOD on the Slimserver folder.  I didn't give eXecute as some others have recommended, yet all seems to work fine.  So far, I'm really impressed with bubbaRaid and thank you from the bottom of my parity protected data.

I have a few questions if the community could indulge:

1) to keep the samba permissions going for new music added to the folder, I am using the following from foo fighter:

But this did(got it from another thread):

#Try reseting samba again
#define USER_SCRIPT_LABEL Set SAMBA File Permissions
#define USER_SCRIPT_DESCR Sets SAMBA file permissions to 0644 and
directory permissions to 0755
echo "<pre>"
set -xv
sed -i -e "s/create mask = 0711/create mask = 0644/" /etc/samba/smb.shares
sed -i -e "s/directory mask = 0711/directory mask = 0755/" /etc/samba/smb.shares

smbcontrol smbd reload-config

I have made this my go2 script.  I assume that go2 would be the preferred method for running this at startup?

2)  with slimserver installed on disk1, I can't seem to get the disk to spin down.  This keeps both parity and disk1 active all the time.  Is there any mods I can make that can help me enforce a reasonable spin down time?

3)  the last time I touched unix, ATT was the only game.  So that should date me to a degree.  I (painfully) used vi to create my go2 script.  Please tell me there's a better utility for someone working in the mixed Windows/Linux world.

Thanks again and looking forward to exploring more.

I have made this my go2 script.  I assume that go2 would be the preferred method for running this at startup?

the go2 script is the preferred method when using BubbaRaid.

2)  with slimserver installed on disk1, I can't seem to get the disk to spin down.  This keeps both parity and disk1 active all the time.  Is there any mods I can make that can help me enforce a reasonable spin down time?

It probably will not spin down because there are open files used by slimserver (whether it is running or not).  The only thing I can think of is to set up some kind of script to kill the slimserver process and that might allow the drive to spin down like normal.

3)  the last time I touched unix, ATT was the only game.  So that should date me to a degree.  I (painfully) used vi to create my go2 script.  Please tell me there's a better utility for someone working in the mixed Windows/Linux world.

I use a program called EditPad Lite (free).  It will allow you to edit the file and not screw it up.  Just do a google search for it and you will find a download link.

Hope that helps

First of all, thanks for putting together BubbaRaid - it simplified my task of getting rtorrent working, and as a bonus I got everything else ;)

Now since you were so kind as to include so much stuff, I thought I'd start looking at the other things included, and stumbled across the instructions for enabling CPU frequency scaling..

Unfortunately it seems my CPU (Intel Core 2 Quad) requires the 'acpi_cpufreq' module, which isn't included with BubbaRaid by default :( Any chance of including it in future releases?

For now I'll build a custom kernel & initrd, so I think I'll be ok, but it would be nice to include this frequency scaler for more modern CPUs I think :)

It probably will not spin down because there are open files used by slimserver (whether it is running or not).  The only thing I can think of is to set up some kind of script to kill the slimserver process and that might allow the drive to spin down like normal.

Thanks for the tip on EditPad Lite - I'll give it a look see.

For the disk spin down, it seems it must be a function of running Slimserver as a local process.  When I ran it on a separate box and used unRaid strictly for storage, the disk was not issue (of cource I'm sure the outboard box probably kept spinning - I just didn't notice).  Looks like one approach is to isolate the Slimserver disk outside the storage pool and keep running on unRaid.  Another approach might be to go back to an outside box.  Or I could go haunt the Slimserver forums and see what files they need to keep and lobby for a more disk friendly approach.

Any ideas on what is the specific file set that Slimserver keeps open that is preventing a spin down?  Or can I find through console commands?

Thanks for the tip on EditPad Lite - I'll give it a look see.

For the disk spin down, it seems it must be a function of running Slimserver as a local process.  When I ran it on a separate box and used unRaid strictly for storage, the disk was not issue (of cource I'm sure the outboard box probably kept spinning - I just didn't notice).  Looks like one approach is to isolate the Slimserver disk outside the storage pool and keep running on unRaid.  Another approach might be to go back to an outside box.  Or I could go haunt the Slimserver forums and see what files they need to keep and lobby for a more disk friendly approach.

Any ideas on what is the specific file set that Slimserver keeps open that is preventing a spin down?  Or can I find through console commands?

To prevent a spin-down, it must be a file that is being read or written.  You can use the

lsof

command  to see what is currently open, but it may be a file that is opened, read, and then closed.  The activity might last a fraction of a second and unless you invoked the lsof command at the exact time it was being accessed, the file involved would never show up as an open file.

Joe L.

I installed bubbaraid and the slimserver package and everything seems to be working with the exception of internet radio. Does anybody know why squeezecenter can't read the internet radio feeds?  bubbaraid was able to use the wget comment to download the squeezecenter from the internet so I know the unraid box has the ability to connect to the internet. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Dan