What do you want in a custom unRAID package (BubbaRaid)

I was always under the impression that bubbaraid is an 'add on' (for lack of a better word) to unraid.  I am currently running 4.4.2 and need to upgrade to the newest version (4.5.4) to get support for a controller card.  I was thinking that I could uninstall bubba, upgrade my server and then reinstall bubba on top of that to have a 4.5.4 version of bubbaraid.  Is that not the case?  If I upgrade, will I not be able to install bubbaraid on top of 4.5.4?

Thanks,

Chris

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I upgrade, will I not be able to install bubbaraid on top of 4.5.4?

That is correct.  BubbaRaid is a replacement kernel, not just an add-on.  It won't work except on the specific version of unRAID it was designed for.

I anticipate most -- if not all -- of BubbaRaid's features will be native in unRAID 5.x,or will be available as add-ons released shortly after unRAID 5.x appears.

• 2 months later...

I realise I'm bumping a topic that's been idle a while, but..

I'm trying to build a custom kernel & initrd etc for unRAID 4.5.6 - that's no problem, but I'm trying to get rtorrent/wtorrent working and I'm facing a problem getting hold of xmlrpc-c-1.11 per the wtorrent docs.

BubbaQ, I see that's the version you have in bubbaRAID (which I'm currently running as I'm on 4.4.x) - where did you get it from? The latest on sourceforge is now 1.09 something :-/

[edit] Ignore me, I'm an idiot.. I can just check out the numbered release from svn, duh! <re-engages brain!>