What do you want in a custom unRAID package (BubbaRaid)

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've made some application improvements, but I'm going to wail till Tom releases unRAID 4.4 before releasing another BubbaRaid, so I can upgrade to 4.4 ad the new kernel.

Any chance of having an intermediate release with Slimserver added in?

Slimserver already exists in the current Bubbaraid build.  You just need to make sure you are running BubbaRaid on unRaid 4.3.3 final and not a beta.

I've made some application improvements, but I'm going to wail till Tom releases unRAID 4.4 before releasing another BubbaRaid, so I can upgrade to 4.4 ad the new kernel.

Any chance of having an intermediate release with Slimserver added in?

Slimserver already exists in the current Bubbaraid build.  You just need to make sure you are running BubbaRaid on unRaid 4.3.3 final and not a beta.

Doh! It's not listed in the first post of this discussion, that's why I was asking. :)

Edit: actually... the download link is not working. And I don't understand exactly what you are saying. Isn't the download all one needs? I thought it was a different package to install on the flash disk. Does it go on top, instead? Help me understand. :)

Thanks! Is it all "built-in" or is this something that needs to be installed on top of a regular installation. Sorry, I'm a total newbie on unRAID.

I look at it as a very friendly addon.  You just need to unzip the file to the flash drive while it is plugged in to your windows computer.  From there run the enable_bubbaraid file.  That will make it so that BubbaRaid boots by default.  After that you can access the BubbaRaid dashboard and get stuff set up how ever you like.

Thanks! Is it all "built-in" or is this something that needs to be installed on top of a regular installation. Sorry, I'm a total newbie on unRAID.

From what I understand, it is installed on top of a regular installation.

Having quickly read over the main posts of this thread I believe that question cuts deep into a potential confusion. Post one needs absolute layman terms what it is etc

Hi, I tried this last night and everything worked perfectly... that is until I noticed that it was only seeing one of my disks (with no data on it)  ???  For a moment, I thought it had trashed my system (yeah, I know unlikely, but at the time...).  Anyways, uninstalling bubbaRaid did indeed revert fine back to normal unRaid, disks back up and showing.  I didn't have any time to play around with it and debug as the girlfriend wanted to watch a film off the server  ;D so had to keep it in unRaid mode.  Will try again tonight, and also not after a bottle of wine ;D

Cheers, Matt.

At this time, BubbaRaid can only be installed over the top of unRAID 4.3.3.

It can not be installed over an unRAID Beta.

Is this in reference to the issue I had - or to the previous poster?

I am running 4.3.3 - at least that's what it says in the console... or does this not show the 'true' version?

Cheers, Matt.

Hey bubbaQ,

Hopefully you be able to help out here.

I am trying to get mysql.so working in php, this is so i can connect to an external database.

I notice you had all .so files required in your release, so I enabled it in php.ini but am getting the following when trying to connect to the mysql database

PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php/extensions/mysql.so' - libmysqlclient.so.15: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

My unix knowledge is enough to be dangerous but not enough to be a guru.

Thanks in advanced if you can or cant help.

Craig

I'm not sure how difficult this would be. But, would it be possible to integrate some kind of Wake on Lan function into bubbaraid? Now that I have rtorrent working on bubbaraid, I shutdown my tversity media server/torrent downloader and only turn it on when I need to stream media to my PS3. I normally send the Wake on Lan packet using my router but it would be nice i could do it from bubbaraid.