ProFTPD Plugin for unRAID v6.8.x

SlrG

I started to go through unstall, then took another look at the error message.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function make_link() in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/include/DefaultPageLayout.php(277) : eval()'d code on line 21

This is a problem with the dynamix plugin!  As dynamix is built in, I'll post a defect report...

i'm having an issue where i cannot delete or edit files in my cache drive, his is very annoying as it can get messy in there and i cannot execute administration where the default ftp is turned off. my admin account is set up with ftpuser / and i can access my other disks fine, i cannot even chmod any folders in cache drive

That sounds like you have a permission problem on your cache drive. Please check in a shell window (e.g. putty if you are on windows) or directly on the server, what permissions get set to your files by your plugins or dockers.

ls -la

User should be "nobody" and group should be "users". To correct permissions you can use the newperms script.

newperms /dir/you/want/to/fix

Please be aware, that some plugins take it badly if you change the owner/group/permissions of their files (config files, ...). Make sure to change the media files only.

That sounds like you have a permission problem on your cache drive. Please check in a shell window (e.g. putty if you are on windows) or directly on the server, what permissions get set to your files by your plugins or dockers.

ls -la

User should be "nobody" and group should be "users". To correct permissions you can use the newperms script.

newperms /dir/you/want/to/fix

Please be aware, that some plugins take it badly if you change the owner/group/permissions of their files (config files, ...). Make sure to change the media files only.

root@Streamflix:/mnt/cache/Torrents# ls -la
total 6
drwxrwxrwx  6 root   root   168 Nov  8  2014 ./
drwxrwxrwx  8 nobody users  192 Apr 25 03:43 ../
drwxrwxrwx  2 root   root    48 Jul 28  2014 Blackhole/
drwxrwxrwx  9 root   root   216 Mar 29 22:19 Completed/
drwxrwxrwx 81 root   root  6344 May 12 20:10 Incomplete/
drwxr-xr-x  2 nobody users   48 Jul 28  2014 Other/

im not sure as to how to execute the newperms

EDIT:

Figured it out. it was literally "newperms /dir/you/want/to/fix" *duh*

thanks again

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the info! I didn't notice it myself yet. It should be fixed now. :)

Are you using a webserver to support the config editor? Mine seems to have stopped working too. Propably after I upgraded the webserver plugin I'm using. Will have to investigate what is going wrong.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

when I try and connect am getting the following error - any ideas?

Aug 30 22:54:55 Tower proftpd[20433]: 127.0.0.1 (192.168.0.1[192.168.0.1]) - FTP session opened.

Aug 30 22:54:55 Tower proftpd[20433]: 127.0.0.1 (192.168.0.1[192.168.0.1]) - USER cpbackup: Login successful.

Aug 30 22:55:17 Tower proftpd[20433]: 127.0.0.1 (192.168.0.1[192.168.0.1]) - Refused PORT 192,168,0,141,214,47 (address mismatch)

Myk

I'm assuming you have NAT problems.  Have a read here. I'll need more info on your home network. Are the unraid server with proftpd and the pc you use to access part of the same local network subnet? Does the access work, if you try it from the commandline of your unraid server? (please install the ftp client package first to enable the ftp command on your unraid box' command line.

Hi all, I'm having an issue with the proftpd service not starting even though I have said "yes" in the settings and started / enabled the plugin.

I just installed the PLG that is linked in the in the first post from github by using the "install plugin" in unRAID 6.01.  I've created a new ftpuser as well.

Other services on my box are working fine and port forwarding as needed (no-ip, air video, Apache, Maria db, owncloud). I just can't get the ftp service to start.

Any tricks I can do to see what's up? Any help is appreciated.

this plg is not 6.1+ security compliant?

Sep  7 18:27:07 Tower emhttp: run_cmd: invalid cmd: /etc/rc.d/rc.ProFTPd stop                                                                                                 

Sep  7 18:27:14 Tower emhttp: run_cmd: invalid cmd: /etc/rc.d/rc.ProFTPd restart                                                                                             

I'm assuming you have NAT problems.  Have a read here. I'll need more info on your home network. Are the unraid server with proftpd and the pc you use to access part of the same local network subnet? Does the access work, if you try it from the commandline of your unraid server? (please install the ftp client package first to enable the ftp command on your unraid box' command line.

the ftp server is sending back the private 192.x.x.x ip instead of my public ip

Myk

@MyKroFt:

this plg is not 6.1+ security compliant?

No not yet. I plan to work on a compatible version, but I have not yet found the time.

the ftp server is sending back the private 192.x.x.x ip instead of my public ip

Sadly I don't know how to fix you problem. On my system it works without problems. Using the default configuration I can access the ftp server from the local network and using my dyndns service I can access it from the outside too. I'm using FileZilla or Firefox as clients.

I would again recommend starting testing in your local network. Please install the ftp client package. Then try to connect to proftpd from your unRAID servers shell. If this works, try it from another pc in your local network and if this works too, try again with external access. If only external fails, it might be a problem with your router/router configuration. Please try each of this steps and let me know exactly, what is going wrong.

I see. :) If you upgraded to 6.1 the plugin will stop working. If you really need the plugin you will have to downgrade to 6.01 until I'm able to release an updated version. It will take me some time however, as I'm rather busy with work at the moment. :(