Repackage bzroot?

Sorry if I created this in the wrong section.

I'm trying to find out how to repackage the bzroot file after I have added something to it.  I found the extraction command in the wiki under the full slackware installation section:

xzcat bzroot | cpio -m -i -d -H newc --no-absolute-filenames

I extracted it, and added one kernel module to it.

Then to recompress it, the best I have found is the scripts here: http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php/Building_a_custom_kernel

I tried using this command to recompress it from within the extracted directory:

find . | cpio -o -H newc | gzip > /boot/bzrootd

But the resulting file is twice the size as the original. I also tried replacing gzip with xz but the resulting file is still almost 10MB larger than the original. My kernel module is only 56k in size.

Does anyone know what the correct command to re-compress the bzroot should be?

why so difficult?

create a shell script that copies the files at boot time and load the modules with modprobe.

then autostart that script by using /boot/config/go

advantage: you dont need to modify the image every time you update unraid

lol, thanks but this is already what I am doing. I now have two servers set up, one at my father's house and thought it would be easier to just integrate the one kernel module into the bzroot so I don't have to worry about it.